Probably stupid question regarding forms, but...

• HHawk
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • HHawk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi guys,

I have a question (probably I am stupid, but cannot get it working).

I am currently redesigning one of my company's websites, on one of the pages I am using a form which checks if a domainname is available to register or that it's taken. The form works without problems and displays the results of the domainname check.

However the problem I am having, is that the domainname check is located at the bottom of the page and when someone presses the submit button, the page loads the page and you start at the top of the page, while the results are being displayed at the bottom.

Of course I can place the whois at the top of the page, but that's something I rather not do, cause it would make the page less attractive.

Is there a way to make the page, after the submit button has been pressed, go back to the bottom again automatically where the domainname check results are located?

Like I said, maybe it's a stupid question, but I already searched with Google, but apparently nobody has this problem? So no solution is found. I already tried html anchor points, but since it's a form, it doesn't work.

Anyone of you have a workable solution, so the page starts at the bottom (where the whois results are being displayed), instead at the top of the page? Oh and it should only start at the bottom, when someone uses the form of course.

Thanks in advance already!
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have you considered doing the request via an AJAX call instead which would allow your entire page to not even have to refresh? This would keep the person at the exact spot that they were as only the results of the domain lookup would be updated.

As far as using the anchor points, could you describe exactly what you tried here.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts