problem uploading site with dreamweaver

• LukeK
  • Born
  • Born
  • LukeK

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi guys, im new to this so this may seem like a stupid question but here it goes,
i designed a website in dreamweaver, my host is justhost and i got all the information to upload the site, everything was going smooth until i actaully uploaded the site, it showed it was uploading all the files, and once complete i went to my url and nothing is showing up except for the links, when i preview the site in dreamweaver everything is great, all the links work all the pictures are there, but once i upload it everything is gone, can someone help me out please.

my website is luxuriousmediadotcom if it will help you help me
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

check to ensure you're using links relative to the document rather then the site root. You may be linking your pictures to "C:\website\images\pic.jpg" rather than "\images\pic.jpg"

If this is the case, when the site is uploaded it won't function properly. You'll want to set up your links to be relative to the document through the "Site Management" dialog box.
  • LukeK
  • Born
  • Born
  • LukeK

Post 3+ Months Ago

yea there relative to document, the site root folder is my website folder and the images are the folder within the site folder, its only 2 images for now but i dont see why everything else wouldnt load, for example my page is centered and thats not working i also have divs i made using css and those dont work, this is a little confusing for me sorry im a newbie
  • JemsRoker
  • JemsRoker
  • Loc: Bangle of India

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you cannot upload your site with dreamweaver then you can use filezilla or coreftp. Filezilla is good to upload file on server quickly.
  • Vicbowling
  • Born
  • Born
  • Vicbowling

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are a ton of good and free ftp programs out there. Just check out majorgeeks and I'm sure you will find a few there too.

JemsRoker wrote:
If you cannot upload your site with dreamweaver then you can use filezilla or coreftp. Filezilla is good to upload file on server quickly.
  • LukeK
  • Born
  • Born
  • LukeK

Post 3+ Months Ago

tnx for the help guys i got it.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts