Problem Wih DropDown Menu

• exitplain
  • Born
  • Born
  • exitplain

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have an unwanted space between my dropdown menu and the rest of the site and its bothering the crap out of me.
http://free.hostultra.com/~AnimegaStudios/index.php
I have tried everything and I'll be very relieved when one of you gives me the answer that was right in front of my face the entire time :oops:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Mas Sehguh
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I see that you're using a form element for a drop down menu, using javascript. Why deliberately break navigation for non-javascript users?

(I opened your page in IE, got a popup window, closed it, then tried using the menu, and got more popups, an invitation to have software installed, and an infinite javascript loop which kept asking me about bookmarking the site or something.)

As for the drop down menu and space, I see no space around it -- it seems to fit snugly! Could you be more specific, or could you post a screenshot of the web page as you see it, pointing out the problem in more detail? (Use MS Paint to circle the space, perhaps.)
  • exitplain
  • Born
  • Born
  • exitplain

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here, where it says anonymity.

http://www.customs.theanimelife.com/images/screen.jpg
Theres that space underneath it I dont want.

Sam Hughes, the poster above, mentioned breaking navigation for non javascript users. If anyone has a good suggestion for a menu please tell me. I just want the site to be as a functional as possible. Target audience are linux, freeBSD users. Im open to suggesion.
  • Mas Sehguh
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

As far as accessibility goes, you could put a small submit button next to the drop down menu, <input type="submit" name="go" value="GO"> which submits the form (which means you'll need method="GET" and action attributes on the form element), and the server-side script to which the form is submitted can read the value named "menu" and redirect the browser with the http header, Location: (url). I.e. with this PHP:
Code: [ Select ]
<?php header('Location:' . $_GET['menu']); ?>

Personally, I would prefer this method to javascript even if javascript were enabled, because with small menus like that, mis-clicks can and will happen.

As far as that space goes, I do not see it, so I can't experiment with fixing it. I am guessing that you should set the style margin-bottom: 0; for the form and/or the select element.

Hope that helps. Now I'll wander away wondering why you have a script element above <html>...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts