Problem with CSS footer on a PHP page

• Santibizzle
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Santibizzle

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys, I'm having trouble putting a footer on my site http://www.santibizzle.com. The problem is that I want an html/css based footer on this page but I can't get it to stick to the bottom without using the absolute css positioning. I can't use abs positioning because my blog is just going to get longer and longer, meaning the footer would overlap the content. The reason why I can't put the footer on the php portion of the page is because the php portion doesn't span across the screen (the php "box" goes from my nav bar to the right side of the screen). Any suggestions?

P.S. - My site looks real ugly on firefox 0.8 (and maybe mozilla?), it's best viewed with IE (unless someone could help me out with that too :wink:)
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Santibizzle wrote:
Hey guys, I'm having trouble putting a footer on my site http://www.santibizzle.com. The problem is that I want an html/css based footer on this page but I can't get it to stick to the bottom without using the absolute css positioning. I can't use abs positioning because my blog is just going to get longer and longer, meaning the footer would overlap the content. The reason why I can't put the footer on the php portion of the page is because the php portion doesn't span across the screen (the php "box" goes from my nav bar to the right side of the screen). Any suggestions?

Well if you want columns and a footer, with CSS, then it's time to learn how to use floating:

<spam>css float layout tutorial</spam>

Quote:
P.S. - My site looks real ugly on firefox 0.8 (and maybe mozilla?), it's best viewed with IE (unless someone could help me out with that too)

My tutorials embrace compatibility with every browser I can get my hands on (so not mac ones, for the time being). So you should be fine.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts