Problem with my iframe

• kimikai
  • Born
  • Born
  • kimikai

Post 3+ Months Ago

So... I'm fairly new to the webdesigning,, and i started out with dreamweaver CS4.
And so far i havent really faced any problems untill I got to coding my Iframe...
like the basic Iframe coding isnt the problem,, but now I wanna make a bg image in it that is restricted to scrolling... and ive already tried diff things with the background-attachment and background-repeat yet its still not working out. Also whats the best way to do it,, litteraly paste it in my basic Iframe code on my page, use a css for it (also tried that already) and putting it in the scr page didnt seem to work either Õ.o nor with normal pasting nor with css adding to it. Any can help me out??
This is my code i have for my iframe so far:

Code: [ Select ]
<IFRAME style="background-image:url(../images/menu.jpg)" name="menu" src="menutest.html" width="125" height="258" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto">
</IFRAME>
  1. <IFRAME style="background-image:url(../images/menu.jpg)" name="menu" src="menutest.html" width="125" height="258" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto">
  2. </IFRAME>
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Firstly, I would seriously try and avoid iframes as far as possible ... they are really bad for SEO and just seem to cause issues ... is there no way you can code the site without any iframes ... ?
  • kimikai
  • Born
  • Born
  • kimikai

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know,, ive never faced any problems using iframes yet. Also the thing with the background was already solved. I'm trying to make a site that sometimes contains alot of info on one page,, which means alot of scrolling,, thats why we chose for a frame that would scroll inside of the normal template,, which would be an iframe for as far as im concerned. So i think for the content part an iframe wouldnt be that bad.
My website layout is like the basic menu thats stuck with button in my layout,, given a link, then for the links that contain submenu's i chose for an iframe in what i can put it. That will link to the content iframe,, i don't know if there might be a better way to make the submenu. I dont mind using the iframe for the content at all, so if some1 might have an idea,, i would appreciate it
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay, you could also use a div and give it scrollbars to look like an iframe if you want to, using the following code:
CSS Code: [ Select ]
div#something{
width:100px;
height:100px;
overflow:auto;
}
  1. div#something{
  2. width:100px;
  3. height:100px;
  4. overflow:auto;
  5. }

As for the menu, you can always build a menu with drop-downs (or drop-ups in your case) like this one.
  • kimikai
  • Born
  • Born
  • kimikai

Post 3+ Months Ago

yup lol i know i can build like a dropdown/dropup menu. problem is,, the owner of the site (for who im making the site) rathers not have the menu disappear again when you clicked on one of the submenu's,, like the submenu should disappear in another div or something, and have the submenu links in there. (If you get what i mean) And for as far ive been doing that with the 2 iframes now,, but the problem on that is when you click on a main menu button that doesnt need the submenu, the menu of the previous page stays in there lol. Still needa find a way to fix that,, should be something that would reset it to the blank page when its not used??

EDIT: k,, so ive been searching around alill more, for a better way to make the menu work,, indeed something like a dropdown menu,, cuz i think that might work the best in the end,, and i do think that is alill less wishy washy than working with a menu that links into an iframe for the submenu which links into an iframe again for the content lol.
Anyways,, ive found a picture of a menu style (from a program which cost $49,, which im not gonna purchase lol) but maybe any1 can tell me a code to make it,, or any1 knows a programm which can give me the desired effect?? Link to the image: www(dot)freewebmenus(dot)com/vista-style-web-menu.html
The one im looking for is given the number 4 on the picture

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts