Problem with iframe

• nekio
  • Born
  • Born
  • nekio
  • Loc: Quebec

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi everyone! :)

I've got a problem, I want a given .html to be displayed in a specific place with specific size. I knew of iframes and used them before so I went for that but it wont make the horizontal scrollbar disappear. No matter what size is the content or the iframe it wouldn't work, currently the size of the content is at 250 or so and the iframe is at 500 or more but it is still showing me the horizontal scrollbar. I tried overflow-x codes but none would work and I looked at css script that could do this kind of thing without success. Anyone know what I could use instead of iframe or how to fix my problem. Thanks

Link to the page, http://www.mychains.com/main.html
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• chimiwaza
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • chimiwaza

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmmm what about putting the scrollbar's color the same color of the backgfround ? :wink:

Of course using the css properties for the scrollbar, just put all the properties like (ex: scrollbar face color:#blabla ; ) the same color that match ur bg so it wont be visible anymore :wink:
  • nekio
  • Born
  • Born
  • nekio

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd rather change the whole design than do that but thank you very much for your idea.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I looked thoroughly over both "main.html" and "news.html".

There seem to be many problems with they way the code is written. It's hard to read because there is sooo much unneeded code.

Your iframe's "scrolling" attribute should be set to "yes".

In "news.html", you should rely more on something called 'render flow'. Instead of using DIV to wrap everything, use the text elements (H1, H2, P, etc.). All of these elements imply a break, so BR's aren't needed after each.

Use CSS 'position'ing only as a last resort. I try to never use it.

I think if you get "news.html" cleaned up, and the iframe set to the right scrolling attribute, your page will work fine.
  • nekio
  • Born
  • Born
  • nekio

Post 3+ Months Ago

Damn... thing is news.html is generated by greymatter, I had the idea of using that blogger to easily post news/update whatever with comments and all but it doesn't look to be a good idea.... I think I'll let go greymatter and code the news.html myself.

I don't have alot of experience in making websites but I hope the "full of unneeded code" doesn't apply to main.html. I did that one. :P

Okay that:
<style type="text/css">
<!--
}
.iframe
{
scrollbar-face-color:#FEEECC;
scrollbar-arrow-color:black;
scrollbar-track-color:#FEEECC;
scrollbar-shadow-color:#FEEECC;
scrollbar-highlight-color:#FEEECC;
scrollbar-3dlight-color:#FEEECC;
scrollbar-darkshadow-Color:#FEEECC;
background: transparent;
overflow-x:hidden;
overflow-y:scroll;
}
-->
</style>

Is unneeded text but I was just trying things... when I'll get back hom I'll fix this. :)

Thanks alot for your help digital.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ahhhh. Ok, if that's being dynamically generated, maybe we can work around it. I'll take another look in a while, if noone else posts a solution (I have to get some work done ;) ).

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts