Problem With Publishing My Page

• Nimrod3922
  • Born
  • Born
  • Nimrod3922

Post 3+ Months Ago

In frontpage i created a page, and when i previewd it in a browser all my buttons and images were perfectly inline, then when i uploaded it to the server and published it everything got scattered and out of place, how do i fix this?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you have an example?
  • Nimrod3922
  • Born
  • Born
  • Nimrod3922

Post 3+ Months Ago

this is the url

http://www.0uthouse.com
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well your doctype specifies that it's an HTML 4.01 transitional document, but the thing looks like it's encoded in XML. Are you sure you did this in Frontpage? Looks more to me like a file that was created in MS Word and saved as a web page. But even that wouldn't screw you up like that.

If your domain is on a Windows 2000 server, you need to make sure Frontpage extentions are enabled. You should have the ability to go into your admin panel and enable them if they are not. If you can't do that you need to ask your host to make sure they are. If you are uploading Frontpage files to a Win2K server - Front page extensions has to be enabled.

I'm assuming you did create this in Frontpage as you say, so I think that can be one explanation is that front page extensions aren't enabled on your host.

Even looking at your source, that XML just doesn't appear to be right. That almost has to be it (and believe me - I'm no expert at XML and try to avoid it at all costs). If not, you may need to change your doctype to an XML or XHTML doctype.
  • Nimrod3922
  • Born
  • Born
  • Nimrod3922

Post 3+ Months Ago

i did create it in front page. and my i dont have front page extensions.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm assuming then, that you are using Frontpage to try to publish your files to the website. If you don't have or can't set frontpage extensions to be enabled on your own, then you need to pop off an email to your host's tech support or read their FAQ's on it and find out what you need to do to get it correct online.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts