Programs with coding

• Kurthead+1
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Kurthead+1

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do any of you typically use programs when coding? I'm sure I should learn the code without any program, but should I eventually start using one? It seems like a lot of freelance jobs request work with Wordpress. Do any of you use this? What is wordpress exactly?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ScottG
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ScottG

Post 3+ Months Ago

I use Dreamweaver CS4 to do my coding currently
other programs I have use are basic Notepad, Notepad++, and PHPEdit.

Wordpress is an web application built to be an open source blogging/content management system, this is built with php and mysql. many companies use this because it is quick and easy to setup and allows for expansion with plugins, to give you a quick over view of what it is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WordPress
http://wordpress.org/about/
  • Kurthead+1
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Kurthead+1

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you do it professionally? And always use Dreamweaver? Should I use something or just stick to notepad coding? Do most web-designers use a program?
  • ScottG
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ScottG

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes I do it professionally I'm a full time web developer the things I do are php/mysql JavaScript and I use jQuery for most my projects now html and css when not given a design all of that I do with dreamweaver and I'm always in code mode. I use it mainly for the color coding on the code. I started in note pad I think coding with out color coding helped me see errors in the code and made me more aware of the common mistakes that happen.
  • Kurthead+1
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Kurthead+1

Post 3+ Months Ago

So, I should wait before using any programs. When you code professionally, does another person do front end design? Or do you design entire websites when on a project? It seems that php isn't compatible. It's why I couldn't use Wordpress. To design a full website, what languages should I know for design/style, and frontend and backend functionality? I've learned most of html and css, and I'm working on JavaScript right now, which has been complicated but fun. What languages would I need to know to be able to make an entire website? Front-end and back-end.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts