Help with Public Folder On Server

• elmbrook
  • Born
  • Born
  • elmbrook

Post 3+ Months Ago

I understand that in the public folder kept on the server the images can all be placed in an Images Folder. This folder should be inside the Public Folder and the images are still accessible there. My question is this. I have about 15 pages that I want to keep inside their own folder INSIDE the Public Folder. Will these pages still be accessible to viewing just as if they were not in this separate folder?

My reason for wanting these particular pages in their own folder is that it makes it easier to do a Find and Replace using Dreamweaver just on these pages.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I see no reason why you couldn't do that. I usually organize all my files on the server in separate folders as well to keep things more organized, and to separate different types of media. For instances I usally put all of my images in an images folder, but nothing else in there. Regular .html, .php, etc would be placed somewhere outside that directory. As long as you are somewhere under the public folder you should be fine for allowing access to others on the Internet.
  • mico
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Neo Universe

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah I'm sure everybody do it too. To keep the directory neat and well organized.
Just make sure to bring the folder's name before the file name for linking/use it in a page file on public folder.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts