Recomend me some colors

• ccb056
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hiyas,

My site: http://short-circuit.zapto.org a pretty boring color scheme, one way I can fix this is by using a different template, however, I would have to re mod the forum and I don't want to do that. So, I would like some of you creative/artistic people to recomend a color scheme, and maybe tell me exactlywhat colors to change to.

Thanks! :D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just a suggestion. You could install a template theme, but leave the subSilver the default until you're done playing with it. The reality of "remodding" is that there are usually very few changes that need done to the .tpl files. All you would have to do is go through the mods that are currently installed and only make the necessary adjustments to any .tpl files that are required. Find & Replace in Wordpad works like a charm! Then once you're sure everything is working fine, switch it to your defaullt theme.

BTW -- I know from experience, that you will spend way more time and effort trying to create your own theme style than you will adjusting mods to a theme that you like that was already done for you.
  • Tom the Great
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: B.C., Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like this web based 'tool' http://www.colormatch.dk/ you select a colour you like and gives you the hex and the 5 other colours that go good with the one you picked.
  • Cold Canuck
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Michigan, U.S. of eh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Tom the Great wrote:
I really like this web based 'tool' http://www.colormatch.dk/ you select a colour you like and gives you the hex and the 5 other colours that go good with the one you picked.

Hey, thanks for the link...arranging colors that accentuate each other has been a bit of a problem fer me.

Cheers...

C.C.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great link tom ! :D much thanks.
  • cerio
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
just a thought, try to avoid placing shades of red on green and vice versa or swapping one for another as a highlight, as to one in ten of the male population, who have colour blindness, both colours will just look like shades of brown to them and be hard or impossible to differentiate.

Some also have a problem with blue and yellow, seeing them as much the same colour but the red green version is the most common.
  • cerio
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
I just looked at your site and you may consider the colours boring but I have to say they are very kind on the eyes, by no means unattractive or putting form over function. It's very clear and easy to read and the most important thing, which is the text on the page, is crisp and clear and not overwhelmed by the colour scheme or flashy effects.

I find it a very comfortable site to browse. It doesn't challenge my eyes and 'boring' isn't something that springs to mind. When I go to a site with lots of textual information, this is what I like.
  • conorific
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with ATNO/TW. No fancy graphics or anything, just use a color picker and pick some nice complementary colors. Don't try to make another theme. Another thing: Comic Sans MS is THE MOST ANNOYING font ever! Please consider using another header graphic, and make sure it matches the colors you will choose for the theme.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts