Redoing Wedevoy

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site was updated and so was the link...

What do you think of it now?

I would also need a review on that logo... don't know how it is :lol:

NOTE: The link at the left that says "logo" and "logo 2" are actually working... I created two possible logos and want you to check/review which one is better... just click on one to change the logo... thanks :)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not sure if it is the way you intended it or not but the gradients in the main content boxes on the right have gone a little crazy. Also I am not sure you need the text to be so large. Try and fine the sweet spot with text size and line spacing where its comfortable to read but doesn't look like there is so much content it will take you 2 months to read. Also If the only thing in the header is going to be the logo you might want to make the header smaller (50-75 px) that way you move the page break and get more content on the page.
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, get that header up a bit higher ... I also agree that the text is perhaps a bit too big. One thing that continues to bug me is the boxes on the right. You either need more of a margin for them or you need to be rid of them. When I move my eyes along the page they want to go straight through the boxes instead of going down to the next line.

And the side bar on the left also seems a bit big ... both in width and in text size.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry if someone has mentioned this, but I'm showing up a bit late...

Are you familiar with "min-width"? You might want to employ it for the rare occassion that agent is in a minimal mode.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

CXLink wrote:
Not sure if it is the way you intended it or not but the gradients in the main content boxes on the right have gone a little crazy.

You mean the jitter? As in those black dots? I intended it to be like that... not sure if it's a good idea though...

I'll try to find that sweet spot :lol:

I think I will have more to the header later on... just that I haven't done anything there yet.

@Breeze: I'll try to fix that left nav column and the right box margin issues. Thanks for pointing those out :)
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

digitalMedia wrote:
Sorry if someone has mentioned this, but I'm showing up a bit late...

Are you familiar with "min-width"? You might want to employ it for the rare occassion that agent is in a minimal mode.

Sorry, I was typing the above reply when you made that post and I didn't see that... Yes, I know what a min-width is, you want that on the whole document? What do you suggest... 600px?

Looks like putting a 'min-width' on the left nav and the content messes things up...

Also, I implemented the ideas set by Breeze and CXLink... what do you think? I also put up that header thing I was thinking of... may get to be an advertisement section or for important announcements... maybe both... I think I'll set up a system that if I have any important announcement, I would have it show the important announcement... and once that expires I will have it show an advertisement :D
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I added a menu and re-ordered the left nav column [Check it out now!] :)

What do you think of it?

In real live site, it probably wouldn't be that long... it may not even show to users who aren't logged in... it would mainly be for user control links and some member's only content.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks like you got it sorted. :)
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

digitalMedia wrote:
Looks like you got it sorted. :)

So that mean that you have nothing against any part of my site in any way?
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

By the way, W3C validator churns this out: "No Character Encoding Found! Falling back to UTF-8."
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Breeze wrote:
By the way, W3C validator churns this out: "No Character Encoding Found! Falling back to UTF-8."

I use the SGML parser add-on to Firefox and that didn't show it... thanks for pointing that out... fixed :)

BTW: How about those boxes and font size... is that better? I think that's what dM said... but what is your opinion? (More than one opinion is generally better :D )
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks good from what I see, but I'm at Uni (IE6 :|) so it doesn't look its best ... but oh well. I don't know if it's just this browser but you should move the title closer to the line that runs beneath it.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Title as in headers that says "Welcome to Wedevoy!"?
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's the one.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was using CXLink's Example with those headers... should I really make the line closer?
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

CXLink's example is quite stylish, but it looks a bit too far, not by much but just enough to make me want to fix it :P Again, it could be this browser ... can I get a screenshot of what it looks like in FF or IE7 + ... I'm still at Uni for another hour and a bit.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

(How about you do the same for your Uni?)
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

The header is pretty much the same.
Attachments:
webdevoy.jpg

IE6

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Damn! That looks horrible... I hate IE6 :lol:

That looks just about what Firefox looks like (I mean the header.. not the design :roll: )

Sure, I'll bring the text closer to the line a bit...

Another question, should I start coding for IE6? At least maybe make it look better there? Or should I just dump that idea?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

What about now... better?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 50 posts