Removing borders around web links in images

• beanie
  • beanie

Post 3+ Months Ago

wondered if anyone can help please. I can see how to remove the border around a weblink in an image but becasue the CMS I am using is different HTML, I cant work out where to put the boder=0 bit.

the code I have is:
[img]up/npors-logo-resizedwsite.jpg[/img]

which works fine but has the border. Can anyone please advise where I put the bit that removes the border.

Many thanks
Moderator Remark: Removed broken link.
  • beanie
  • beanie

Post 3+ Months Ago

it's not showing the whole code there. the bit before [img] is [url=http://weblinkaddress/index.asp][
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

Please copy and paste your code for the section of the website you are having issues with. To do so, copy the code from your favorite code editing application, then paste it between two [ code] [ /code] brackets. Currently your link went nowhere, so I have removed the URL function.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

1) What software are you using
2) is there a template file

3) You say there is different HTML, how can there is different HTML as it has not changed much over the years. Just a thought :P
  • beanie
  • beanie

Post 3+ Months Ago

the whole code I am using is: [url=http://weblinkaddress/index.asp][img]up/npors-logo-resizedwsite.jpg[/img]
obviously, the bit that says weblink address would normally say the actual address but it wont let me post that bit so had to make it generic!!

I mean the HTML is different as it doesn't go between <> brackets but instead uses [] and the words I use seem to be different to standard HTML as it is a customer designed CMS. Hope this makes sense as I am new to the whole thing.
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ah, now I understand. The area's in the [url ] and [img ] are using whats called BBCode, which is why it appears different. In order to remove the border, you will need to look into the BBCode for the CMS and find the styling options. Where this is depends entirely on the CMS, so your best case may be to contact the people who make the CMS.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

poly wrote:
Ah, now I understand. The area's in the [url ] and [img ] are using whats called BBCode, which is why it appears different. In order to remove the border, you will need to look into the BBCode for the CMS and find the styling options. Where this is depends entirely on the CMS, so your best case may be to contact the people who make the CMS.

more logical solution lol, never come across a CMS that has a border on images like out all the forums and scripts i have used over the years never found one that has a border issue on the bb side.

Poster: what CMS are you using or Custom CMS?
  • beanie
  • beanie

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the replies guys. It is a customer CMS. I have asked the designer to help and the response was as follows:

Now, you can either start paying a support / tuition fee if you're getting this deep into HTML or you can start learning the same way that the rest of us developers have to... Google it!

I'll give you a clue, it has something to do with a border value and it's only visible in Internet Explorer.

He is a nice guy, just doesn't do anything for free!!!
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

beanie wrote:
thanks for the replies guys. It is a customer CMS. I have asked the designer to help and the response was as follows:

Now, you can either start paying a support / tuition fee if you're getting this deep into HTML or you can start learning the same way that the rest of us developers have to... Google it!

I'll give you a clue, it has something to do with a border value and it's only visible in Internet Explorer.

He is a nice guy, just doesn't do anything for free!!!

Typical but the way i see it, if you can not do it and they can do it well and at a good price just get it done and paid for, quality over quantity i say. If everyone worked for free no one would get paid.
  • beanie
  • beanie

Post 3+ Months Ago

that's very true. Just thought there was be an easy bit of code that I need to put in that will save me the money. Working for free is not good!! Many thanks for your help though!!
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol if it is a simple fix then give him 20 bucks for 30m-1h of work

Not a problem as all ways if you have a issue then post up there is plenty of people here to help
  • Mustafa_Aslan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Mustafa_Aslan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why don't you check the CSS file

Code: [ Select ]
a.image-border {
    text-decoration: none;
    border: 0 none;
    }
  1. a.image-border {