RocketTheme Wordpress Themes Review

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Before I start, remember you can also get your own free RocketTheme Developer license by participating in the RocketTheme Giveaway.

I was recently provided with a WordPress Developer Membership at the RocketTheme website. My initial first impression of the WordPress designs here is that a great deal of attention has gone into the look and feel of each template. Many of the templates use CSS2 and CSS3 features, and have many dynamically run JavaScript effects often based off of the MooTools JavaScript Framework. The WordPress themes have a cool and aesthetically pleasing feel due to all the attention to detail.

From what I have gathered on average they release a new WordPress template at RocketTheme about once a month, their latest addition being in April of 2011 (as of this writing). According to their website their latest template is Omnicron:

Attachments:
omnicron-wordpress-theme.jpg

Omnicron WordPress Theme by RocketTheme

It has numerous features including:

• Gantry Framework
  • New RokFeatureTable Plugin
  • 9 Preset Styles with CSS 3 Features
  • Fusion with MegaMenu, and Splitmenu
  • Custom Typography & JS Form Styling
  • 68 Widget Positions
  • 23 Widget Variations - 49 Combo Possibilities
  • RocketTheme Plugins Styling
  • FF 3.6, Safari 4, Opera 10.x, IE7-IE8 Compatible
  • Limited IE6 Browser Compatibility
  • Theme RTL Support
  • W3C XHTML 1.0 / CSS 3 Valid

So not only do they take the time to create a web design that looks awesome, they check to make sure the templates are compatible in all of the popular web browsers, and still even provide some support for IE6. That is interesting to see because many large websites including YouTube have said they no longer will guarantee support for IE6. Even Ozzu no longer guarantees support in IE6. So you can clearly see they have put a great deal of time into these themes if they are even still trying to provide some support for IE6.

A few of our properties are based off of WordPress and we do plan to actually try one of their WordPress themes. At that time I should be able to add another post to this thread to let everyone know exactly what I experienced. At first glance I think the theme we may try is the Moxy WordPress Theme:

Attachments:
moxy-wordpress-theme.jpg

Moxy WordPress Theme by RocketTheme

The RocketTheme website membership is based off of entitlements. What this means is that depending on the membership level you choose you are entitled to download a certain number of themes in a period. With their WordPress Theme Club they offer three different membership levels: Their cheapest membership provides two entitlements for a period within 90 days; their second membership provides three entitlements over a period of 364 days; and their last membership, the Developer WordPress Theme Club Membership, provides an unlimited number of entitlements over 365 days.

I think the only negative thing I could find about the website themes they offer at RocketTheme is that they only have a limited number of themes available, but once you see how much time they put into each design the reason for this is obvious. As of this writing they have:

24 Club WordPress Themes
3 Free WordPress Themes

Keep in mind that RocketTheme does offer more than just WordPress, they also create templates for: Joomla!, Drupal, phpBB3, and Magento. I believe their largest collection of templates are with their Joomla! templates, and I believe they almost have 100 templates in the Joomla category. So overall quality wise these template are some of the best I have seen on the Internet with the only negative being that they only offer a limited number of templates which is probably due to the effect of how much time they put into each and every single theme. However, their collection is continuously growing and that is exciting to see!

Want to find out more? Go to the following link to check all their WP theme offerings: http://www.rockettheme.com/wordpress-themes
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• iplaytheme
  • Born
  • Born
  • iplaytheme

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice information! Thanks for posting. it is a good information!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts