Save IE6!

• spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

It really is true - there are too many new browsers that do nothing but complicate our web experience. It's time for everyone to switch back to IE6 so that this amazing browser will never die off.

http://www.saveie6.com/
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

What a novel advertising gimmick. btw, I love how the page is "broken"
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love how they use numbers from 2003 and not from 2006+ when better browsers have become well known; such as Firefox :lol:

If IE6 was really used by 97.37% then there would be no need to save IE6. :lol:

@SB: I hope that was sarcasm
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I hope anyone who signed the petition likes getting spam email.

The site looks like nothing more than a cheeky way to collect email addresses.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nothing more than an April Fools joke I'd assume. Let's not take it too seriously.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
Nothing more than an April Fools joke I'd assume. Let's not take it too seriously.

Are you kidding? I think Joe has it about right. it's an advertising gimmick set up by pingdom set up to look like an april fools joke.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
spork wrote:

Are you kidding? I think Joe has it about right. it's an advertising gimmick set up by pingdom set up to look like an april fools joke.

lol
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try clicking on the download link, lol. It doesn't make you answer any personal questions, but asks silly things like "Do you in anyway endorse web standards?" It will make you answer a bunch of questions and I believe it always leads to a response like:

Quote:
Unfortunately some of your answers were incompatible with proper IE6 usage which means that we weren’t able to provide you with a download link.

Please try again, it will be worth it!

Definetely an April fools joke.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

If it was an April fools day joke they wouldn't be concerned about getting valid email addresses.

Sign the petition or leave a comment, they want you to validate your email address before you count.

It's not a serious petition, it's not like they need to make sure the numbers are valid, so why do they need valid email addresses other than to market to them ?

Quote:
We will never share your email address with anyone for any reason. It’s only used for validation.

Translation: We're a marketing company, we don't need to share your address with anyone, doing so would actually hurt our business model. In order to validate you, we need to send you offers to make sure your address remains valid.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK, so since nobody is listening to me & Joe, let me point out the bottom of the page. The "joke", was created by pingdom which is a website monitoring company. I completely agree with Joe, and even though it's set up to look like a joke, I bet everyone that plugged in their email address starts getting email marketing mails from pingdom.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I could just be paranoid, I've been lurking around a few "blackhat marketing" forums lately and this looks like what they do.

I really couldn't care less if anyone gets spammed, but if I hear one more person complain about the spam email they get after participating in stuff like this, I might steal a bus and crash it into a datacenter.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

joebert wrote:
...I might steal a bus and crash it into a datacenter.

Go and tell 'em Joebert
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I might steal a bus and crash it into a datacenter.

/me runs off the check his off-site backup routines to ensure all his data centers are joe-protected. :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts