seo friendly design

• heygoofy
  • Born
  • Born
  • heygoofy

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am planning for seo frindly website. can anyone suggest me best website designer or tool to do that.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

html/css?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know of any program made specially for that purpose, but you can always use your head. Close all tags, limit your DIV's and try to use headings where they are required. Apply styling to headings as needed... don't forget that you can do that.

Get into the image/text replacement thing for the logo (Wouldn't think that would work against your SEO).

Try to get a validated site... I mean valid code and all that jazz. Should help you in the process.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

SEOBugz is pretty cool ...
  • joy284
  • joy284

Post 3+ Months Ago

HTML,CSS,JAVA,PHP you can use ,and don't fogret to use SEO to check.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

use SEO to check? what does that mean?
  • Bozebo
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: 404

Post 3+ Months Ago

righteous_trespasser wrote:
use SEO to check? what does that mean?

I think he meant use SEOBugz to check what is made with the html/css/java(script?)/php.

Anyway, always look for seo tips on forums like this. One key thing to consider early on is having the content as far up the source as possible, by having right navigation (or left nav with the code farther down the page using various methods) and compact headers. In short there are no tools that will make a seo optimised site for you, unless you consider fingers to be a tool.
  • littlephoenix
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

blogger and wordpress you cant go wrong ;)
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

littlephoenix wrote:
blogger and wordpress you cant go wrong ;)

That depends on the theme they are using.
  • wanna kill
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

I have something more tips for. I read it somewhere on net and they help me so much for my web designing.
8 Usability Check-Points You Should Be Aware Of
Quote:
1. You don’t use pop-ups.
Pop-ups interrupt the browsing session of the visitors and require an instant feedback. Respect your visitors.
2. You don’t change users’ window size.
The same argument as the one against pop-ups holds. Some browsers, e.g. Internet Explorer, saves the browser dimensions and uses them for further browser sessions. As Ben Bodien commented, “it’s just plain inconsiderate to assume that you know better than the user how their software environment should be configured?”
3. You don’t use too small font sizes.
Long passages are harder to read, and to read brief sentences readers need more time. It holds also for links, buttons, forms, search boxes and other elements. Good news — in Web 2.0 the opposite is the case.
4. You don’t have unclear link text.
Links have to be precise and lead to the destination they describe. Ambiguous link descriptions should be avoided.
5. You don’t have dead links.
There are too many of them anyway; why would you want to point your visitors to a dead end?
6. You have at most one animation per page.
If blinking images are wide-spread through the site, it’s extremely hard to focus on one single site element. Give your visitors an opportunity to perceive your content. Using animated ads, don’t place them right along your articles.
7. You make it easy to contact you.
Maybe because you just don’t want to be contacted, but If visitors do want to get in touch with you, but can’t find any contact information, you lose their interest and trust. Disastrous for online-shopping, a missed opportunity for the rest.
8. Your links open in the same window.
Visitors want to have control over everything what happens in their browser. If they’d like to open a link in a new window they will. If they don’t want to, they won’t. If your links open in a new window you make the decision which is not your decision to make.
READ MORE

Hope you like it and please give me reviews.

thanks
  • Nightslyr
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Nightslyr

Post 3+ Months Ago

wanna kill wrote:
3. You don’t use too small font sizes.
Long passages are harder to read, and to read brief sentences readers need more time. It holds also for links, buttons, forms, search boxes and other elements. Good news — in Web 2.0 the opposite is the case.

What the hell is this trying to say?

I mean, I understand that small fonts are bad, and you probably don't want to force users to read long passages regardless of their font size, but the rest?

First, Web 2.0 is just a buzzword. It has no innate meaning. Second, why would the opposite (presumably small fonts and/or long passages) be acceptable within a supposed Web 2.0 setting?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

The only difference that I can think of between Web 2.0 and Web 1.0 is that Web 2.0 is about web application and user-site interactivity while Web 1.0 is based more on the layout/design. Maybe my view of Web 2.0 is a little flawed? I can point to numerous posts that agree with my view ...
  • Nightslyr
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Nightslyr

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey wrote:
The only difference that I can think of between Web 2.0 and Web 1.0 is that Web 2.0 is about web application and user-site interactivity while Web 1.0 is based more on the layout/design. Maybe my view of Web 2.0 is a little flawed? I can point to numerous posts that agree with my view ...

There's definitely been a design paradigm shift, given how the technology has changed/grown. You're right in that users demand more interactivity. But this doesn't equate with the idea of some sort of new web. It's the same internet, just better sites. I mean, I'm happy we don't rely on Perl CGI scripts to get things done today, but I'm not comfortable attaching versioning to the internet.

My main problem with it is that it's a sloppy term. I'd rather use something like "participatory sites" or "the participatory web" or something that's accurate, conveys what's really going on, and doesn't mislead people who think that Web 2.0 is somehow innately better than Web 1.0 because the number is higher even though they have no technological knowledge to base that on.

Then again, my degree is in communication, so I tend to get anal about these kinds of things. ;)
  • mekingo
  • Born
  • Born
  • mekingo

Post 3+ Months Ago

The absolute best SEO tool on the market today is YOUR BRAIN.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts