Shopping Cart Help

• johnlynches
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • johnlynches

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am looking for a shopping cart that that has the ability to list product groups in table form, like this page here: coinsupplyzone(dot)com/holders/cardboard. That particular page (category) has 5 subcategories that are shown on the page, each with the corresponding category’s products grouped together, for a total of 5 tables.

I currently run that site, but the shopping cart I am using runs very slow due to the fact that there are many queries run on each page. I am looking for a cart that has static pages, and does not dynamically create them.

Please let me know if you guys know of any shopping carts that have the ability to do this. I can program the cart somewhat to where I want, but I don't want to have to shell out $4000 to get this feature. Thanks in advance.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Satwant
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Bangalore

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are some very good open source solution like "OpenCart". They provide full documentation and good community support. And if you like the product you can donate some $( not all ) there :)
  • johnlynches
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • johnlynches

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the info on opencart, do you guys have any other suggestions?
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

ZenCart
  • johnlynches
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • johnlynches

Post 3+ Months Ago

I looked at ZenCart but a lot of the pages take a long time to load, and they load in pieces. I'm looking for a cart that doesn't dynamically create the pages.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have you ever looked into CS Cart. Its extremely flexible and very well written. It does cost but its not a huge amount of money. If you have the know how you can output the pricing in many different ways. It would be worth dropping them a screen shot of what you want to do and see if it can be done. Its the best cart software I've come across.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think it's possible to run a dynamic website in static pages. You would need to have queries in your page if you want it to automatically update when you or someone changes the product listings.

But there are ways to optimize dynamic pages to run as fast as possible, like combining queries, caching the queries, rewriting the queries for best results, etc.

You can use an open source solution or a payed solution since people who wrote that are bound to have some sort of professionalism when it comes to coding their product.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts