Showing empty cell.

• PolishHurricane
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I made an empty table cell and I need it visible so I can see it's borders on my table. It works fine of course in FF. But in IE it doesn't display. I cannot use the non-breaking space "hack" because the cell needs to be smaller than the character and "empty-cells: show; " of course won't work in IE either. So is there anyway I can fix this besides using a 1px by 1px clear gif image?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

What about using overflow:hidden; wouldn't that make the contained nbsp just get cut off by the smaller sized cell ?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you are using the empty cells only for the borders why not use a border css attribute the the first row and drop the second row altogether?
  • PolishHurricane
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Apparently the "overflow: hidden;" doesn't do the trick, because I just tried. Unless you're doing something I'm not or I'm doing it wrong. :(

It's cool. I'll just use a 1px by 1px clear gif *cough* 159 times *cough*

Bogey wrote:
If you are using the empty cells only for the borders why not use a border css attribute the the first row and drop the second row altogether?

Because there is like 37 rows and you're making no sense.

Another quick question that is not important enough for me to make a new topic about, but...

Is there any program that will take a giant unindented/returned html (usually a big html table) string that is crazy long and format it so it's readable?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts