Site maps

• Travis Coats
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Travis Coats

Post 3+ Months Ago

I use dreamweaver cs3 for my site design and I wa wondering if their is a built in site maps creation function. I see a bunch of free online sites that do the generation, but I would love to have this reliability in one package, namely dreamweaver. I also see some plug-ins/extensions that are out there, but I was hoping you guys could give me a tip on what's better. :D

*edit: specifically the google xml format, I notice some sites display their subpages when searching through google, is this a result of having a site map?

Example
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

no those sub links are built up by google itsself (Google webmasters tools) ... but one that I found that worked for me is GSiteCrawler ... just download it ... it's freeware ...
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes I need to create a few site maps, I will check out that one RT.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I use sitemapbuilder.net (freeware)
http://sitemapbuilder.net/download.aspx

Works fine, except I would not recommend it for forums.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

Travis Coats wrote:
*edit: specifically the google xml format, I notice some sites display their subpages when searching through google, is this a result of having a site map?

No this is merely for sites which get a lot of traffic to make searching for what they need more friendly. There is a special name for them but I can't think of it off the top of my head.
  • Travis Coats
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Travis Coats

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks everyone, sorry I didn't answer sooner, I've been busy as hell. I appreciate the help. I ended up using an online XML generator, seems to go well with Google so..

I have the webmaster tools account as well, I would love to be able to do that for a search on my site for quick access to subareas. I don't think traffic has much to do with it, being that the above site gets about as much as I do.(?)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts