Site problem.

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Right now I have the following site... (and problem :lol:)

Here is my site

And here is my CSS

Problem number 1: Do you see that <p id="logo2">? It is supposed to be at the height of 22 pixels and at the width of 248 pixels... but it doesn't do that... it's an empty spot... I tried doing it with span but it's no go... See it... (The logo up top... there is no way to do that with the code staying valid that I know yet...

Problem number 2: Resize the browser... see how the contents move below the menu?

Problem number 3: At the bottom of the page there is a list of pictures (all are the same image) the first one however is a link image with a linked caption... click on it at the left side... then on the right side... frustrating...

Problem number 4: The images are supposed to be spread out... with a margin of 5 pixels on the left side... they actually go over each other... and even 1000 pixels doesn't solve it... the margin shifts the first column of pictures to the right but the other 2 columns stay put... unless you put 1000 pixels which would make it go out and into one straight army line... frustrating.

I tried fixing problem 4 by changing the CSS from

Code: [ Select ]
.img {
 float: left;
 width: 100px;
 text-align: center;
 margin-left: 5px;
 height: 140px;
}
  1. .img {
  2.  float: left;
  3.  width: 100px;
  4.  text-align: center;
  5.  margin-left: 5px;
  6.  height: 140px;
  7. }

to
Code: [ Select ]
.img {
 display: inline;
 width: 100px;
 text-align: center;
 margin-left: 5px;
 height: 140px;
}
  1. .img {
  2.  display: inline;
  3.  width: 100px;
  4.  text-align: center;
  5.  margin-left: 5px;
  6.  height: 140px;
  7. }

Which DID in fact solve the problem... errr... THAT particular problem but it made another problem in it's place... the othertwo images after the linked one went down... aligned down and moved a bit to the left... frustrating...

Any help to solve those problems would be great... please... Please... PLEASE!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I tried to make sense of this but I just can't... it looks really strange in IE, you have a gigantic block of black empty space on the left hand side and I have to scroll to the right to see the content of the site..... everything looks really jumbled... I'll take another look when I have access to FF but from here it looks a right mess.

Also this is probably me being stupid but I cannot find <p id="logo2"> in the code - where on earth is it?

In IE the contents are below the menu to begin with.......

With the images you could put them in a table - I know it's old school but it's real easy to control where they are then... cuz they all stay in their cells.....

sorry I'm not much help I guess... i really have to look at it from FF....
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

celandine wrote:
sorry I'm not much help I guess...

Actually you did help me... I didn't knew it was a jumble of mess in IE :x... I guess I'll have to look into it then
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

just looking in FF - it's a completely different site..... ahh the curse of IE6......
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

celandine wrote:
just looking in FF - it's a completely different site..... ahh the curse of IE6......

Yes, I agree

Do I have to worry about IE6?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts