SITE REVIEW: Problem with jpeg images in Galery & xml m

• raees
  • raees
  • Loc: pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey frendz!. I've developed a website for a school http://www.frontiermodel.edu.pk but now i am having problems with it. Which are as under:
1:
Problem with the display of Images of format jpeg in the Gallery section.It is ok when i access the site on my PC on which this site was developed but on other systems there is problem with it. The problem is not with the Browser becaz i used the same browser i-e IE 7 Beta on the systems on which there is problem.

2:
Also the xml blue menu on the left side of pages not visible but just only one button i-e, employment, is visible.

3:
I am not sure wether the yellow xml menu on the top of pages is visible in all browsers and systems.

what the problem may be. Some frendz suggested me that the links to the pics are referring to local locations on ur system.please help! I am a newbie.So tell me in detail how these problems can be solved.

your suggestions about the design of the site & solutions to the problems will be highly appreciated. visit the webSite

http://www.frontiermodel.edu.pk

Hope to listen from u all soon. THANKS.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• xeno
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • xeno

Post 3+ Months Ago

You should add a header. And that yellow text you used in your post is killing me. Probably why not much replies.
  • multiosbrowser
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

raees wrote:

1:
Problem with the display of Images of format jpeg in the Gallery section.It is ok when i access the site on my PC on which this site was developed but on other systems there is problem with it. The problem is not with the Browser becaz i used the same browser i-e IE 7 Beta on the systems on which there is problem.

See your source:
Code: [ Select ]
"F://FrontierModel/www.frontiermodel.edu.pk/images/pics/1.jpg","",

It should:
Code: [ Select ]
"http://www.frontiermodel.edu.pk/images/pics/1.jpg","",

You need a folder in your Webspace "images" and put in this folder all JPG-Files.

raees wrote:

2:
Also the xml blue menu on the left side of pages not visible but just only one button i-e, employment, is visible.

3:
I am not sure wether the yellow xml menu on the top of pages is visible in all browsers and systems.

It is visible in Opera 9.01 on Fedora Core 5.

raees wrote:
I am a newbie.So tell me in detail how these problems can be solved.

your suggestions about the design of the site & solutions to the problems will be highly appreciated.

First, remove the animation from the mouse pointer. It's terrible :-(
Then remove the double click from the navigation and the sounds. For your Flash and Javascript you should make "fall backs". This mean, you should have an alternative for that. If someone have no Flashplayer and visit your Web site without active Javascript (for security reasons) nothing will work.

Your HTML-Documents need a DocType Definition and your CSS should not in your HTML-Source. Remove all design-tables from your site, make it with CSS.

Aside from that, you have two navigations, one on the left side and one at top. Use only one navigation.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts