Site rough feedback

• CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not sure if this belongs here or in reviews, or in digital art, but I just wanted to get some feedback on this. I am not 100% sold on the navigation or the content area. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I want a large content area so when you view the portfolio the images are very large.

• righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I gave you yours over MSN ... so I'm done actually ... but again ... it's really cool ...
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

and again I thank you
  • jameson5555
  • Bronze Robot
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it a lot- it's nice and simple yet well-designed.

It might even be cool to put a little drop-shadow on the logo that touches the top of the photo's frame...
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you mean instead if the tag effect go with a floating box?
  • jameson5555
  • Bronze Robot
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not sure.. I was just thinking that would visually connect the logo to the photo. A tag would cast a shadow too, right?
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Right it would. Just to clear up what I am talking about I call the squares that bleed off the page tags because they remind me of the little tags on t-shirts and other clothes.

And when I think of a square that doesnt bleed i think of a postage stamp. I was thinking about doing a postage stamp and pushing it down below the orange bar so the navigation isnt split in half or I could have it so the tag starts under the orange bar. I was going to get to it last night but I got distracted.
  • jameson5555
  • Bronze Robot
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Tags and postage stamps.. that's a cool way to think of it!
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Some other options

With a stamp logo

The overlapping white gives me another idea i will try to turn out some time.

Preferences and thoughts?
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the first one in your latest post ... it looks cool ... the one with the blue that does not overlap ... it looks sweet ...
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Some other options. This is the idea i got from the overlap but now i am not sure i need the outline where it is.

Preferences and thoughts?
  • jameson5555
  • Bronze Robot
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the first one in your 4:15am post the best. Except isn't that picture in the middle going to be changing all the time? Just wondering if the blue area would be too opaque for some images if they had content on the right-hand side...
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

jameson5555 wrote:
I like the first one in your 4:15am post the best. Except isn't that picture in the middle going to be changing all the time? Just wondering if the blue area would be too opaque for some images if they had content on the right-hand side...

That doesn't help... everyone sees the time at a different time... Like for me, the post you are talking about is on "7:15 am" (I think... are you talking about this post?)

I like the first on on this post and the second one on this post.

They are both quite good. Sorry I couldn't give a better review... speeding to finish this before I go to work.
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

No problem. Thanks for the feedback I feel like if i go with the light frame on 3 sides it is going to need a little bit more of something. It feels like it is trying to go somewhere but I am not sure where to take it.
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think I have flushed out all the things with the sidebar. The top is for a small amount of content and the bottom is for more and the text will scroll in the window. Now onto the navigation, feedback and ideas are always welcome. Thanks for the great comments so far.

• jameson5555
  • Bronze Robot
  • Bronze Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey wrote:
That doesn't help... everyone sees the time at a different time... Like for me, the post you are talking about is on "7:15 am" (I think... are you talking about this post?)

Yep, that's the one :wink:
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

K so this is the first navigation that I have done that I think both fits the site and isn't too over powering. Home is active and Philosophy is the rollover. I am using the circles to pull an element from the logo. Feedback is always welcome. Thanks

• CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quick revision we made the dots smaller to give the bottom of the text a little more room and made the active dot blue and the rollover dot orange.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the dots ... I think they're cool ... will there be a dot when it's an inactive page aswell ... ? (not in rollover and not selected) ... I was thinking maybe an empty one like you've got in the logo ...
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

I thought about doing that. Having a third color for the inactive state but I haven't taken the time yet to flush that out. I also got rid of the color change on the active element and just decided to make the whole menu white text. Hopefully I will get some time tonight to push it a little further.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it CXLink... The design looks nice and the dots are a nice addition to it.
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Latest drafts. Feedback welcome.

• righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it, don't you just want to try one thing for me ... make the menu font one step smaller ... it seems like it's not aligned in the middle, it's a bit more to the top ... I know that this is actually a bit on the perfectionist side and no one else will see it ... I just think that could maybe be cool ...
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Smaller text
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow ... that does make a difference ... I have nothing more to say except ... perfect ... I love it ...
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

The design is great... I like it... it's just awesome...

Unique use of blue and gradients and I see you've had a lot (at least adequate amounts of) experience in using patterns in content boxes and just for design.

Navigation's little details are a nice touch as well as well as the smaller text size... that is really cool.

I like how you positioned the kid in the background and the fact that it hides the text on the crib.

Good job... I know that I wouldn't have being able to created anything like that :lol:
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cool thanks for all the feedback guys.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 27 posts