Something with my email!!!

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a problem with my email account. The problem is, is that I don;t receive any email from anyone... I send myself an email from a different account and I still don't receive anything.

I looked through my filters and all the entries there are legit... except once in a while I find my own email address in there.

I can't find anywhere an option to turn off the receiving of emails (Well, besides the vacation notifier), but that doesn't turn the receiving of emails off... it just automatically sends them a message I written in the little box they provide me.

I don't know where to look for a solution. Thanks.

That happened to me once before, but I fixed it by removing a filter that said "to:(my@email.com" (I have no idea how that got in there... maybe I pressed the wrong options when I was creating the filters... what I do is select everything in the junk folder whenever I get junk and create a filter that selects them, skips the inbox and delets them automatically).

I'm not really sure on what I could do to fix it.

I could figure out which set of filters is doing the problem by making it forward it to some folder instead of deleting it... but I wonder that maybe there is something else out there that I might have missed.

Thanks.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are you trapping spams on the server in anyway? Could be you just need to empty your spam box.

On my server, SpamAssassin's spam box will get full once in a while. Everything will appear to be fine and normal, but emails won't get through. Emptying the box corrects the problem.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I always empty my spam box and my trash box after every filter addition.

It's hosted on gmail so I don't think it has anything to do with 3rd party stuff. I don't know how to fix this... maybe my filter list is just too big? lol
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry man. I wish I could help. I only use my gmail account for Google Docs and Google Talk.

I would assume, though, that there are only so many things in GMail that would cause the problem, and that you're probably sniffing around the right spot.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Anyway, I removed all of my filters and my mail system has started working again... I added a filter and it seems to work from my tests... I'll wait a little bit and hope that all is right. I don't know what the problem is... maybe I had too many filters?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts