Sorta like a forum, but not?

• Manontherun111
  • Born
  • Born
  • Manontherun111

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi every one, Im new to HTML and I just got a demo of dreamweaver and thought i would try and teach myself how to build a webpage,

My first few pages have been extreamly basic, like white and black text with some links basic.

any way, on with the question,

Face book style posting on a webpage, no accounts, every one sees what is being said by others, 2 or 3 different catagorys for people to post thoughts and or ideas in, random picture section too later on when i have more bandwidth.

from what i am seeing, this is impossible to do in html, yet so many sites do somthing like it, but not the way I am invisioning it.

Is it possable? what would I have to do to acheave such a design? would this be a huge project or somthing i could work my way threw in a week or so?

please and thankyou :)
My English is not my first language if you have not noticed.. sorry.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

What you are describing could be done using PHP and a MySQL database. Google it to learn more about it.

It can't be just done with plain HTML.
  • Manontherun111
  • Born
  • Born
  • Manontherun111

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ah thankyou very much, I knew i was missing some thing... apparently a LOT of some thing :)
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

look i suggest you start with html learn how it works and start building certian functions like tables and menu's and logins and use code found on google.

Once your good with HTML get photoshop out and start adding some color to it and learn how to slice it up to and use the html output in your site and attach the slices.

once you can start building pretty sites you will have enough experience to understand the layout of programming from using html so you take that basic skill set and study php and mysql and learn how they work togeather.

by the time you get to this point which may be 6-12 months later depends at the rate you learn then you will be pumping them out and really it is just a life long study session to get better and better.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts