Sound, making music snippits.

• CGFX
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Chicago, IL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

:shock: I am doing a site for a client that wants to promote their music cd's on the site. I know how to add and link the files. But what would someone recommend I do to create those mini snippits for the seleted songs from the cd that the client wants on the site? Is there any free downloads of a great easy to follow and operate software to create those snips. Or is there a software that I'll come out better off buying and/or learning in some class first. I am in a "Time Based Composing" class now that will cover SOME "SoundForge", do you think that should do it?

Thanks Ahead of Time,
cgfX
:wink:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Nunzio390
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Tharsis Ridge (Martian lowlands)

Post 3+ Months Ago

When you say "mini snippits" can I assume that you want to "stream" just a snippet of a full MP3 (song) for your client.

Something like what I did for Bill Reddie HERE?

If that's what you are looking to do, then you will first have to RIP a song from the CD in MP3 format, using either CDex or EAC. You would then open the MP3 in an application such as CoolEdit, crop out most of the end of the song, and apply a fade filter.

You would then upload the MP3 snippet to the client's site and stream it via the use of an m3u playlist file.

More on how to stream in the same way I did for Bill reddie can be found in this thread.

Also refer to this article for more on streaming.
  • CGFX
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you Nunzio390, I went to the cool edit site to down load, it moved me to Adobe. It said it is now called "Adobe Audition" that cost 299.99. I have Realone to create Mp3's. Maybe learning Sound Forge will be the next best step. By the way, the streams you did for Bill were really nice and clear. That is what I am aimimg for.
Thanks again,
cgfX
  • Nunzio390
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Tharsis Ridge (Martian lowlands)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well thank you and yer very welcome :D
Aaagh! I see now that they ONLY offer that new pro version for that ridiculous $$$ amount.

I just PM'd you. Check your messages.
  • CGFX
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks... for the contact information. Will write today.
cgfX
  • JrzyCrim
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cool Edit pro/Adobe Audition is a great program if you can afford it.

For your purpose, this freeware application should be sufficient:

Audacity

If you choose to use this, you will also have to download the lame encoder for creating mp3s. It's pretty small and is on the same download page as Audacity.

This will at least give you the tools necessary to edit wavs, do fades, and save as mp3.

Good luck!
Jim Roberts
  • CGFX
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks Jim,

By the way, cool image you have there, what is that? I believe the freeware would work perfect. But I can no longer find it for free. Let me know if anyone can.
Thanks,
cgfX

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts