Sticky Buttons Question

• f7digitaldesign
  • f7digitaldesign

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm new at web design and am in the midst of the steep learning curve!
I have just finished up a makeover for a new client of just their home page (limited budget).
The html is table based (all I know so far).
The problem I encountered was that all my buttons that have a roll-over state, but also have a page link, when clicked stayed in the roll over state!
So much so that after being taken to the page and then clicking on the back button the rollover is still down! After a little mousing over the other buttons they pop back up.
Of 14 buttons, 4 utilized the whole image for the rollover state--I fixed the problem on these in Dreamweaver by adding restore image on click (I kinda don't like this, but its better)
The other 10 buttons I used image maps for my rollover states and click areas--I thought this was a cool way to do these since I didn't want a rollover to happen on the entire image--bummer is-is that the fix for the other 4 buttons isn't working on these. :hmm:
Please take a look: //link temporarily removed.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks,
f7digitaldesign
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• tastysite
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Brighouse, West Yorkshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok I have had a look at your site in crome and IE and the buttons work fine for me!
But im losing track of which buttons you are talking about which 4 buttons are the ones that are not working?

Very nice website by the way!
And the way you should be using to make websites now are div's not tables but they come out looking the same so it doesn't matter to much!
  • f7digitaldesign
  • f7digitaldesign

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the reply--its the top 4 that I got to work

But try out the blue and lavender buttons in the middle and the green (Patient Testimonials) at the bottom right--these stick after you click on them to go to their respective links. Then after you come back to the page they are still in the rollover state.

This is the issue--thanks!
  • tastysite
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Brighouse, West Yorkshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

As far as I can tell the whole lot works fine what web browser are you using to view the website in?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts