Submitting a form

  • garyij
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • garyij
  • Posts: 9

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I'm trying to up load a form for my website, I'm using Frontpage but can't seem to direct it to my email, do I need to speak to my host to allow it, or is do I need to do something with the email address I'm using, any advice greatly welcomed?

Gary London.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Posts: ?
  • Loc: Ozzuland
  • Status: Online

Post 3+ Months Ago

  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Posts: 8388
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, you can have a PHP script to validate the form and send you the details, you you could simply put mailto:email@address.tld in the action part of the form element.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 6251
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey wrote:
you could simply put mailto:email@address.tld in the action part of the form element.

You should never, ever do this. A brief search for "form action mailto" will show you why.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Posts: 8388
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
Bogey wrote:
you could simply put mailto:email@address.tld in the action part of the form element.

You should never, ever do this. A brief search for "form action mailto" will show you why.

I know, I know :roll: I was just answering his question like that because I didn't have much time then... I guess I should have added that 'it's unrecommended', and I forgot to return to it when I did get the time... but thanks for putting it up here anyway... for the record :)
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Posts: 1477
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

He's also using FrontPage so, the battle is already lost.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Posts: 8388
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Truce wrote:
He's also using FrontPage so, the battle is already lost.

lol yeah

Post Information

  • Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 89 guests
  • You cannot post new topics in this forum
  • You cannot reply to topics in this forum
  • You cannot edit your posts in this forum
  • You cannot delete your posts in this forum
  • You cannot post attachments in this forum
 
cron
 

© 1998-2014. Ozzu® is a registered trademark of Unmelted, LLC.