Table... HELP!

• futurebuzz
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Birmingham England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello, i was wondering if anyone could help me with a page that i'm working on. The page is: http://www.futurecorps.net/Home_Page.htm

The problem is, i want to have ONE background table (the rounded edge one) that moves verticaly with what ever content i put in it. At the moment, i have to have several heights for the different pages!

Thanks for any help. :D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Liquescence
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Queens, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmmm... You could try using IFrames or the DIV tag. An IFrame would be a frame within that table, meaning you would have to create another page. You can click the links in the menu and they would show up inside that iframe. A div would be saved onto that same page, but you wouldn't be able to change pages inside it (well there are ways, but it's just to darn complicated). Which do you want to do? I'm willing to help with either.
  • Liquescence
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just a note; if you use iFrames, the main page only needs to be loaded once (ie, the background). With DIV, everything has to be loaded over again with each page.
  • futurebuzz
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the reply!

I don't want to use an IFRAME. I don't want scrolling content within the table. I just want the table to extend depending on what i put in it.

Cheers!
  • Liquescence
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

wait, u meant that you wanted all the pages to have the same height and then anything with more will scroll within that table right?
  • futurebuzz
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

no no no.... :shock:

I need the white part to extend down or up the page. I don't want to set the height for every page that i make, i just want it automatic. So what ever i put in the white part, it sets the height depending on the height of the content in there.... :?
  • Liquescence
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ah. I see what you mean. Do you want the left to extend as well or to stay short?
  • futurebuzz
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

:D

I would like the left to stay the same, but i'd like to extend the bottom of blue part on the left too depending on what i put in there...

The bottom blue part i would like to keep the same!

I hope you can help me,

Cheers!!
  • Liquescence
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm making itty bitty changes to it and trying to figure out how you did your layout.

First off, if you want the menu to stay the same height I suggest you make a main table with two cells (both with "valign=top". Make a table inside the left cell, and set the width and height for the menu. Then for the right side with the content, make another table, with two cells, one top, one bottom. Top one would be used for that menu, bottom for your content divs.
  • Liquescence
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Code: [ Select ]
<div class="home x" style="height:100%">

Doing this alone would extend it vertically as far as you need, but it would also extend the left as well.
  • futurebuzz
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Everything is done with CSS.

Unless you know about CSS then i don't think you can be of much help.

However, thanks for the efforts :D

Have a look at this: http://www.futurecorps.net/sr.css
  • Liquescence
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Eh, I'm just more fond of tables than divs. I do know css, but I guess not enough in order to get the look that you wanted from your site. Sorry.
  • futurebuzz
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey bud,

Just read the whole thread and want to say cheers for the help, you have give me a few ideas to try out... I should have mentioned at the beginning what i wanted it to be a pure css code!

:)
  • Liquescence
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

*shrug* I tried. :) Hope you can get it the way you want. Maybe someone else'll come along this thread and give some help.
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

dude I'm still working on it! lol

I actually have some time today and I will get it fixed for ya - I promise lol.

PS do not revert back to the dark side of tables! It might interest you to know that I am currently converting all of my css layout knowledge into tutorials and should have a decent tuts site up and running soon ish
  • futurebuzz
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL :oops: I'm just an egar beaver! :twisted:

I'm looking forward to it bud!!

Also, the tutorials is a very good idea, they should come in very handy.

Cheers.
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

its all one big .txt file at the mo though.

I'm having problems editing your site. There's so much css there and I'm not sure what most of it does. I think you've tried to control way to much there, I find it best with css to try to use as few rules as possible.

I've just managed to code an intersting eror whereby the entire content section dissappears :lol:

What I could do is recode the layout in it's most basic form, annotate it so it makes sense and then let you build the site around that. It's up to you - that could be done in a half hour or so, whereas editing yours could be done in 5 mins or it could take 2 days....

Let me know
  • futurebuzz
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah there is loads on the css... All the other stuff is the content on the other pages ie; interviews page, roster etc.

I will upload a css file that controls all on the home_page if that's any good? Then i can just add the other stuff at a later date if i need to?
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah go for that it will be easier for me to find what I'm looking for that way.
  • futurebuzz
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK 8) I've sent you a pm

Cheers!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 20 posts