TABLES ISSUE WITH THE IE ON THE PC!

• Rups27
  • Born
  • Born
  • Rups27

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm a bit of a HTML novice, so forgive my simply language....

I've just built a site, and everything looks good in IE & Safari for the Mac but when I view the site in Mozilla or Netscape for the Mac and IE on the PC I get this table issue: http://www.turiya4love.com/home.htm - you'll see that the photo of the persons head at the top of the page, has about a 3 pixel gap, the image is sliced into two different tables cells, and even though I've tried playing with <td> aligning, it still doesn't work! I can't figure the f*#king thing out, and it's driving me insane!!! Can anyone make sense of it???

Any help is good help at this point...

Thanks in advance,
Rups27

-----------------------------------------------------
I fixed your post. For future reference if you include html tags in your post, you need to either disable HTML or include them by using the BBcode "code" buttons. Thanks.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your tables are so nested, it's very difficult to see, but try adding cellspacing="0" to line 71

Code: [ Select ]
Change:

<table width="149" border="0" cellpadding="0">

To:

<table width="149" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">

I believe if you don't include the cellspacing and give it a value of 0, IE assumes 1 by default.
  1. Change:
  2. <table width="149" border="0" cellpadding="0">
  3. To:
  4. <table width="149" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
  5. I believe if you don't include the cellspacing and give it a value of 0, IE assumes 1 by default.

P.S. In case you missed it there's also a very small 1 pixel gap on the top white border immediately above the left side of your navigation area. That sorta confirms what I'm thinking -- you have both a horizontal and vertical spacing issue and I think this should take care of it. (I did notice that the horizontal gap is 2 or 3 pixels -- there may be one other table that doesn't have the cellspacing set to 0 - you may have to look hard for it.)

Nice page btw.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

As an off-topic note, and I know you had no intent of asking for a review here, so consider this just my suggestion and we can all review it later in the reviews board. I thought your flash music was rather peaceful and appropriate. I was dissapointed when it ended. I'd suggest letting it loop (perhaps add a stop button for those who don't want to hear it.) -- vs. having it end so abruptly. I didn't want to take this too far off topic, but just thought you'd appreciate the opinion.
  • Rups27
  • Born
  • Born
  • Rups27

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey thanks for your tip, so I did a search for tables and added cellpadding & spacing to two of them without, but I had no luck, there's still this aweful gap at the top of the page :o(

rupss27

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts