Temporarily Change Internet Explorer Settings

• Slushie
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Slushie

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think this is possible, but is there a code that temporarily changes someones IE Settings while there at your site. I am talking specifically of when you click Tools>Internet Options>Settings.
It says Check for newer versions of stored pages:
I need it to be set at either
Every time you start Internet Explorer
Automatically
Never
It is just when someone visits my site and they have the other option checked, they reload my navigation images on every page.
Also, if this is not possible at all, which is probably isn't, it would help if anyone using Internet Explorer could check and see what there's is set at, maybe most people's Internet Explorer settings are set at the last 3.
  • Sumen
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Rochester or Albany, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

im not sure what u are saying?
do you want it not to have pages not save in the cache?
I remember there was a line u could enter to have the page re download instead of loading from the cache...or....something...
I tried for a sec to find it...didn't...
  • Slushie
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Slushie

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am saying that I definitely want it to save to cache. But there is a setting in Internet Explorer that makes it so it re-downloads it to cache every single time. When this setting is enabled, cache is quite pointless. I need the setting in IE to be so it doesn't re-download the same images every time. What is the default setting in, Internet Tools, then Settings?
  • Mas Sehguh
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can't change their settings.

You can deny them access to the files if they try to redownload them within N minutes of previously downloading them, but that gets quite complicated.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts