Text boxes?

• kinslayer990
  • Born
  • Born
  • kinslayer990

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am having trouble with dreamweaver, adding a text box to the site. I have an image without any text except for the site title, which is part of the image. I's a jpeg file if that helps. I want to add a scrolling text box in the middle of the image without deleting any parts. I just want like an 80% opaque text box over a section of the image so it's possible to recognize the picture behind it. I've been thinking about this for hours, looking for things that could help. Does anyone here have any suggestions or am I completely screwed? :cry: :?:

Thanks
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

transparency: ; OR using a transparent PNG as a background... I think that's the best option here.
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

^ spam?

why not do the transparency with CSS? can we see the code or layout or something to see what you are trying to achieve?
this article might help http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/04 ... eb-design/

so in short you can do this a few ways. I think bogey had the best idea for you. create a transparent png and use as the bg for the text box. this way if the text amount changes the image will stretch or shrink with it.

or you could create a div for the box set it's transparency using CSS and then place the text div on top of it.

But code would help a whole lot.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

zaiah wrote:
^ spam?
Yeah, that's spam
zaiah wrote:
or you could create a div for the box set it's transparency using CSS and then place the text div on top of it.
That's not a good way though, IE doesn't support that CSS
zaiah wrote:
But code would help a whole lot.
I don't think we need any code for this

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts