The NEXT TREND

• MadeinHeaven

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi everyone, Can you please share your idea to me for website design trend in next 3 years? for my idea is think about more fun and raw theme, what's your idea? 8)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• wanna kill
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

HI

I don't know about the future trend but i know the future problem.

Future Nightmare?
Pointing the mouse instead of clicking.

thanks
  • dapezboy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Hawaii

Post 3+ Months Ago

wanna kill wrote:
HI

I don't know about the future trend but i know the future problem.

Future Nightmare?
Pointing the mouse instead of clicking.

thanks

I actually saw a website like that using Stumble, I can't remember what it was.
But, maybe you can find it on Google.
It actually got really annoying, because you'd move your mouse over something and BAM, it changes the page...
Uhg.
  • Bogey
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

You are thinking of http://www.dontclick.it/ . It has being mentioned on this site before :)
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

MadeinHeaven wrote:
Hi everyone, Can you please share your idea to me for website design trend in next 3 years? for my idea is think about more fun and raw theme, what's your idea? 8)

My first response would be define "fun" and "raw".

I'm sorry but I don't see that happening. Fun and raw are passé. If you don't know what passé is:
Quote:
(colloquial) dated; out of style; old fashioned

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pass%C3%A9

Perhaps fun and raw appeals to the younger generation, but I don't believe it appeals to the older generation of computer literates that trend towards information at their fingertips when needed and easily accessible.

I recently read an article on yahoo's belief that a new generation of search is needed and that they are actively pursuing it:
Quote:
Prabhakar Raghavan, head of Yahoo Research, says that Yahoo "will be launching a new generation of search in two to three months... Search is going to move in a completely new direction." The initiative, one would infer from today's Financial Express interview of Raghavan, will build on Yahoo's BOSS (build your own search software) platform, which implements a "self-service Web services model for developers and start-ups."...

Raghavan is a central search-industry figure. I can't argue with his assertion, "Users don't really want to search. They want to spend time on their work, personal lives and entertainment. They come to search engines only to get their tasks done."...

Third-rate, publicity hungry, would-be Google-killers such as Cuil won't change the search world, but neither will confusing the market by seeding the bloom of a thousand search flowers if all they'll do is present the same information in new ways. Search users want better information findability and not just more ways and places to search.

http://www.intelligententerprise.com/bl ... SCJUNN2JVN

I don't believe in the trends of social networking/ social bookmarking, etc. Sure, maybe some consider that the Web 2.0, and perhaps in the next three years that is where we are headed. Heck, I even talked my CEO into creating his own blog for that purpose.

What is a blog anyway? A person's ramblings about their own experiences, their philosophies, or just their general views on life as they perceive it? Do you trust them to know what they are talking about?

In my humble opinion, the "trend" should be towards making the web as interactive as possible. Be it by intuitive search technologies, interactive multimedia, joint sharing of information (a.k.a. social bookmarking), get the job done and do it in the most informative, and user-friendly interface you can provide for the user.

That's my two cents and I'm sticking to it.

btw, this article is mine and mine alone. It won't be posted in another forum, it won't be social bookmarked, it won't be a permalink, it will only be here at OZZU unless someone else copies/steals it.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts