Those talking faces..

• HKt0p5
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Bulgaria

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm sure this doesn't belong here but I'm also sure I don't know where else it could belong so I apologize.
I remember some years ago this was new, and I didn't pay it much attention. Which, I should have! - because now I have to ask idiotic questions.
Take a look at the bottom right here. See that flash/java guy that talks? This is what I'm asking about.
In case anyone knows what was the company or service, and the site they offered these customizable for using on webpages, please do post.
It has embedding options there, quite obviously, but I'm looking for the original, paid ones, that don't come through this or that site.
I know it's nothing important but I ran all possible searches and I couldn't find that. And I can't remember for the life of me what was the site they first released them at either.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hard time loading that website..
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

I checked out the source code for the site thinking they may have left some sort of indicator, but it looks like they've taken full ownership of the object and named it accordingly. However, that doesn't mean you can't research the technique. They're just taking advantage fo accessibility.

Start your search by googling "Flash text to speech tutorials" and go from there. Kirupa has always been a favorite of mine, and it comes back as #1.
  • HKt0p5
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Bulgaria

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you very much for the response and the suggestion.
I'll make sure to check the tutorial.
However, I'm more oriented at it being made non-interactive, I mean, it already has a text "implanted" that it says, and of course, the faces thing. I'm absolutely sure there was some site especialy for those.
  • ScienceOfSpock
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 3+ Months Ago

you mean Sitepal?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts