Touchnet Browser Discussion

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think this is a browser that many are familiar with (I wasn't), so I wanted to highlight it and bring up a discussion on it. The Touchnet Browser. I mentioned it in another post but here it is.

Here's the download link:
http://www.sofotex.com/download/software/4912.html

I've been using this for about two weeks now and I think I want to say it's the best browser I've ever found. It's a Shareware 30 day trial and only $29.95 US to register. Here's a small list of some of the things I like about it:

1. Quick download - easy install
2. On install it automatically imports all your IE Favorites.
3. The tabbed browsing is incredible. Think about this. I have separate "folders" in my favorites. One, for example is "Tech Forums". For every folder in your favorites you have the option to open all pages in that folder. Instantly it opens in a separate tab every site in that folder! No new windows -- just all pages in new tabs in the same browser. Incredible!
4. Pop-up Killer
5. Displays all pages to standards i.e. appears to support all current code.
6. No need to reinstall existing IE plugins. Flash, etc seem to all be imported.
7. Countless others.

I have not found another browser to date that performs as well and has the options this one does. And the tabbed browsing on this one just rocks! Just wanted to share what I consider a good find.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

When you exit the browser you have a ton of history cleaning options as well as being able to execute them from the menu. Be careful with that one. This browser seems to utilize a lot of IE stuff (God bless America for some folks with brains) but if you clear it from Touchnet it is also going to be cleared from IE (as well as some Explorer stuff).

So if you don't want your auto-save form and password, etc stuff cleared out in IE, don't nix them in the Touchnet browser *lol
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

So is this completely its own browser? or is it just built on top of IE adding all of its cool features, and other specialities? The reason I say that is because you said that the clear history affects browsers, which is making me think this. Anyway I have seen a browser in the past that did something similiar, that was a long time ago so I cannot remember exactly.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not sure exactly. That was one of the reasons I wanted to bring up the discussion. It seems to inherit a lot of IE stuff. I'm sure it's by design, but not exactly sure what they are doing. All I know for sure at this point is I love browsing with it.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts