Transparent Scroll bars (how to if you really need to)

• sherma
  • Silver Member
  • Silver Member

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can't remember if it was in this forum where I saw the question, but I've seen it asked many times about how to make scroll bars transparent.

There use to be a way to make them "appear" transparent, but they almost always only worked in iframes and weren't actually transparent. I'm not that fond of them because if your visitor can't see the scroll bar very well, what's the point?

Recently I've been working on a website that's theme has a touch of psychedelic blended into it and one page in particular just really needed as little "additional" color or objects as possible so I ended up making a scroll panel in flash and when I added it to the bg on the stage, simply used the "overlay" option and it turned out great.

There is more to it than simply using the overlay, "ex: I had to make the area of the background a solid color and then reduce opacity, then an opposite color for the bg of the panel, playing with those two colors along with txt color until they all worked together, but in the end, the "swirling colorful" bg comes through the scroll bar clearly, and the outline subtle but still easy enough to see and use (scroll with).

This probably sounds more like a flash post, but since most of the info I've seen on previous ways to make a scroll bar transparent were in "html" I placed it here.

(for what ever it's worth) :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 1 post