Trouble with frames...

• Roguen7
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've built lots of site before so I thought I'd try something different and try using 'frames'. Here is the site: http://www.skipball.org -I have no previous experience with frames so my questions might be simple.
1) I gave all of the pages titles through dreamweavers page properties but still all of the web pages say 'Untitled Document'?
2) The client wants a flash player to play which I placed into the main frame with the navigation buttons but it reloads when the page is changed. I used frames because I was under the impression that the navigation frame is static while the interior frames change? -Hopefully these are simple fixes. Thanks in advance for any help that someone can give me.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh man, I really hate being this guy, but learning frames is a bad idea ... it's really outdated and it holds no value with SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) ...

To answer question one, because only the main frame with the header part holds the title, so it won't show up for the others. And I am not sure about number two.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Concerning number two, you can have only one frame load and not the whole thing (I think), thus, keeping your song playing without refreshing... but I'm not sure.
  • Roguen7
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the response. I think I'm going to redesign the site without frames! Don't want to waste time learning something thats outdated, thanks for the heads up righteous trespasser!
  • uknightuss
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • uknightuss
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the look of the menu you've done! My only suggestion would be to preload the rollover images so that they work right as you roll over them rather than having to download while you hover..

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts