Typography Overload !

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I recently came across a really cool collection of awesome typography uses and it inspired me to look around for more.

The first thing I found was a list of 26 Photoshop lettering design tutorials with instructions on how to make some really cool looking designs for logos.
I didn't have a subscription at tutsplus so I couldn't check out my instant favorite, Organic lettering using photo manipulation techniques.

Attachments:
organic-lettering.jpg

I was able to check out my favorite runner up though, Awesome milk typography in Photoshop.

Attachments:
milk-letters.jpg

After I went through the tutorials that caught my eye, I went back to the hunt and found a list of 40 3D typography designs which has some really cool 3D lettering like this one. I love these floating island designs, they're extra cool. :D

Attachments:
stay-green.jpg

After seeing all of this I realized I really don't know that much about typography. When describing a font I'd normally use terms like "A little knobby thing on top" or "pointy edges" instead of the terms I learned while going through some of the typography glossaries I found in a giant list of
Useful glossaries for web designers and developers.

After going through that I started to get a little burned out on typography for today, but I did manage to find two giant lists of sites with more resources for and example usages of typography. :D
http://speckyboy.com/2009/05/05/42-amaz ... ypography/
http://sixrevisions.com/web_design/20-w ... ypography/
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 1 post