unusual hidden, silent form submittal; Is it possible?

• Gawa
  • Born
  • Born
  • Gawa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

I appreciate i'm new to this forum, but would really love some help with a strange problem. Well actually it's not a problem, just a means of trying to lessen my work load!

Basically my Paypal IPN creates a custom made download/paid page once payment is confirmed from a template i have created. This is placed in front of the customer thanking them for their purchase etc.

Using tags within the IPN i can put their name, email, product paid or any number of variables in front of them which are fitted to this template.

As I wish to add their emails to my email list, following purchase, i was going to put an Autoresponder sign-up box to save me having to add email addresses to it manually. This though seemed silly as i already have the necessarry info. I then decided why not prefill all the fields on the paid page, and request that they hit the submit button... Agin seemed silly. So I thought can i just hide all the info as a prefilled form and somehow submit it automatically?

I also do not wish for them to be redirected as this would remove from them the info a purchaser requires. But can a javascript be used and a tag such as onload, to submit the information?

I do not know Javascript very well, actually i don't know it, i can just about read it.

Using the below is as far as i can get with the form, is it possible though?

The fields !!! are calling data from my IPN script to fill these fields for me.

<form method="post" action="http://domain.co.uk/cgi-bin/script.pl">
<input type="hidden" name="id" value="purchasers">
<input type="hidden" name="first_name" value="!!!first_name!!!">
<input type="hidden" name="email" value="!!!payer_email!!!">
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="Send Message">
</form>

Please help in any way you can

• Mas Sehguh
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Shouldn't you ask before harvesting their personal data?
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

ya, sounds like you're gonna need a pretty hefty privacy policy their
  • Gawa
  • Born
  • Born
  • Gawa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

I know how it looks, but it's through ebay, so it's designed to reply to my sales for me thanking them!

The addresses are only routed to the responder for this reason, i have no plans to market anything to them, just be nice to have their info online rather than in outlook!

Thanks
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nem was working with something like this a couple weeks ago. I don't know if he found anything that would work.

Maybe this Google search will help you locate something:

IPN + form + code + instructions

Also use the OZZU search and search for IPN and type Nem in the member text area. It's probably in the programming board. Probably not quite the same but might give you ideas.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts