updating website content with formatting

• mister harbies
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mister harbies
  • Loc: Auckland, New Zealand

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am creating a website for a client. The problem is that I do not know PHP or any scripting language. (takes a note learn PHP or ASP)

The page needs to be updated every few weeks with news articles and images.

I would like to use something like SSI to grab a file with formatted text and images. I know that word documents can not do this with SSI so are there any other alternatives.

Any suggestions around this problem without having to resort to PHP etc.

OR

forget the images, and just load a text file but there will need to be formatting on the webpage for the titles and dates of the articles. Can CSS determine which text to format as the title and which text will be the story?

Mister Harbies
  • SilverFox
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • SilverFox
  • Loc: Shreveport, Louisiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Can CSS determine which text to format as the title and which text will be the story?

Yes, with classes.
  • mister harbies
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mister harbies
  • Loc: Auckland, New Zealand

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am aware that classes can make certain parts of the text formatted, but this can only be done manually as far as I am concerned.

I want to import a text file with say 3 stories. Each story heading will have a "heading" css while the rest of the text will be plain text.

From what I know, css can not decide, 'oh, that is supposed to be the heading, so we will give those few words the "heading" css.... while the other text will be using a plain css.'

The reson for this is that the client knows nothing about css or html, so I want everything automatic for the client. All she will need to do is create a text file and upload it. The server then would do the formatting, knowing what is the heading etc.

Mister Harbies

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts