uploading games

• chris m
  • chris m

Post 3+ Months Ago

i half way through setting up my site and i want a page where members can play games i tried uploading my files and it wont upload its saying its an invalid file type the file is .exe could some1 please tell me how i change it and what i change it to and anything else useful u could tell me about uploading games as im a total novice
thanks in advance
chris
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• monoheinz
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Norway

Post 3+ Months Ago

How do you upload the files? FTP client, web interface, what? If you use an ftp client it shouldn't be a problem to upload .exe files.
  • chris m
  • chris m

Post 3+ Months Ago

im not to sure to be honest as i said im a total beginner i set up a free site with 1asphost.com and using there online file manager i uploaded them from there
  • monoheinz
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Norway

Post 3+ Months Ago

I found this in the 1asphost.com faq:
Quote:
Members must use the online File Manager. You have the option of uploading .ZIP files to your directory, which makes it possible to upload several files at once — even an entire site structure! This online unzip utility makes uploading fast and convenient.

Simply zip each game individually before you upload them. Apparently 1asphost.com has an .exe restriction.

Edit: Seems like you should read the terms better: http://1asphost.com/faqs.asp?q=77
  • chris m
  • chris m

Post 3+ Months Ago

this cant be happening :(
thanks for your help anyway :lol:
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

people cant play games online through an exe...they'd have to download it anyways. might as well just zip it up or change the extension.
  • Syber
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

you will be limited as well

Quote:
Members receive 100 MB of web space.

and
We give our members 1000 MB of bandwidth initially for the entire month. Each day member sites receive 34 MB of bandwidth. Bandwidth is metered every 12 hours. Therefore, members get 17 MB every 12-hour period
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm that's kind of crappy.
unless of course you go a few days without using any.
does bandwidth rollover with them?
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

No bandwidth doesn't rollover you get 17MB per 12 hours period, they just slapped theese restrictions on bandwidth a month or so ago after upgrading their network connections. (I think they plan to go paid soon)

They don't allow zip files either, yes you can upload zipfiles to be unzipped, but storing them isn't allowed (they are VERY strict about wares & such)

So to answer your question, you need to get a new host if you want to make exe files available.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts