Using Ajax to update content containing sifr

• gonzoka
  • Student
  • Student
  • gonzoka
  • Loc: Bristol, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all,

I have an 'interesting' problem, made more interesting by the fact I can't provide a URL for you to see.

I'm using prototype JS and scriptaculous to show a modal window and populate that modal by AJAX - its populated with XHTML, (inc CSS/JS) with a single header that I wish to sIFR replace.

The modal and HTML is showing, and the CSS and javascript is working fine to a point. The modal is filled/showed onSuccess, and the sIFR call is made onComplete . In IE(6/7) it all works - modal shows, sIFR replaces the header, all lovely. In Firefox (2) the modal shows, space is saved for the header, the sIFR element is called and embedded, but doesn't show. Firebug shows a successful request in the Net tab too.

Has anyone had any similar experiences to this (and hopefully a fix)? Or is this problem a little obscure?! Any help appreciated :)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• gonzoka
  • Student
  • Student
  • gonzoka
  • Loc: Bristol, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've finally got rid of this problem and thought I'd share the solution (which happens to be very simple). I think the problem was caused by the fixed positioning on the background overlay in the lightbox, and setting the wmode of the sIFR to transparent seemed to do the trick.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts