Using a form to update a specific part of a webpage

• xbedofthornsx
  • Born
  • Born
  • xbedofthornsx

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, I am designing a website for a person who doesn't know anything about them, but wants to be able to do content updates for certain parts of the site on his own. Is it possible to create a form with the neccessary fields that when submitted can be implemented into the html of the page in need of updates? Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
  • lightdarkness
  • lightdarkness
  • Loc: Not here.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I personally can't think of a way to do it with just html, but i'm sure there is something you could do with just html.

If you have php installed on the server, there are many free scripts on the web that could do this, with little modification of the actual script.

What do you have installed on the server? Is it just a geocities or angelfire site? Or did you purchase the hosting from a company?

LD
  • xbedofthornsx
  • Born
  • Born
  • xbedofthornsx

Post 3+ Months Ago

I searched everywhere for a php script that could do this and I couldn't find anything....maybe I'm just not looking in the right places. If you could link me to somewhere that dealed with this kind of thing it would be much appreciated. Thank you.
  • datums
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • datums

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello

I would suggest the use of cutenews
http://www.cutephp.com/cutenews/

It is very simple to install and integrate.
  • dirkplug
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: The Netherlands

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does this person only have trouble with building a site, or is it also a problem for him/her to get it online.
There are some very easy web building tools with wich you can easily build a complete good looking site.
You have to get it online by yourself though.

One which I recommended a friend was Citydesk.
Easy to use and easy to manage more than one language.

you can find it at http://www.fogcreek.com/CityDesk/

If you use ASP, at the company I work, we use a database to hold news items and more. with the right use of forms you can fill and maintain the database, and the pages are created using this info.
i am sad to say I have almost no experience with PHP.

Good Luck.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts