Very urgent concerning span element

• STJ
  • STJ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi everyone!

I get everything to show correctly when viewing my website, but hrn validating I get this error:

Quote:
span#sub7, span#sub8, span#sub9, span#sub10, span#sub11, span#sub12, span#sub13, span#sub14, span#sub15, span#16, span#sub17, span#sub18, span#sub19

In CSS1, an id name could start with a digit ("#55ft"), unless it was a dimension ("#55in"). In CSS2, such ids are parsed as unknown dimensions (to allow for future additions of new units) To make ".16" a valid id, CSS2 requires the first digit to be escaped ("#\316")

The thing is that I use exactly the same selector in another place on the page, although in another div.

That code looks like this:
Quote:
#menu span#sub1,span#sub2,span#sub3,span#sub4,span#sub5,span#sub6 {
vertical-align:sub;
font-size:0.8em;
}

Now, I have tried to add #middle, .innermiddle and p to specify where I want this function to work and it all shows up ok on the site, but not when validating. I also tried adding "\" and "\316" after the "#" naturally without the quotation marks, after the "#"but this didn´t work either.

What is wrong with my code???? Please help!

Thanks in advance!

/STJ
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Code: [ Select ]
span#sub7, span#sub8, span#sub9, span#sub10, span#sub11, span#sub12, span#sub13, span#sub14, span#sub15, span#16, span#sub17, span#sub18, span#sub19

Are you sure that's not supposed to be span#sub16 ?
  • STJ
  • STJ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello joebert!

Thank you very much for your really quick reply! You were absolutely right, it was to be "sub16" and not just "16". My eyes playing tricks on me again... anyway, this website I mentioned that I´m worked on, is a task in a course I´m taking, and thanks to your superquick reply, I was able to send it in a bit earlier tonight. The deadline for handing it in is tonight at 5 minutes to midnight, that was why I put very urgent in the title of this message. Thanks to you, I was able to make it. =) Again, thanks a lot. :D

/Tobias

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts