Video jumps to the right of screen.css positioning help!

• ciarac
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Spain

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi to all,

I just started a blog which I put in the subfolder of my website at http://www.website-copy-writer.com/blog/
I have just a few posts on there.

On one of my posts, I included a video. The video should go just with the post which is titled "5 year old boys hair distraction".
The problem is when viewing the entire page, which you will see when you click on the above link, the video sits at the top right of the entire page and puts all other posts out of zink.

I want the video to sit under the post with which it's intended.

I'm sure it's a very simple problem but I can't figure it out, mainly because the css is written in the video code, not on a separate page, which is something I'm not familiar with.

Here's the code for the video:

<p id="cubeDiv" style="position: absolute; left: 20pt"><span style="position: relative; z-index: 2"><object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" id="swfclipv964493" height="551" width="351"></object></span></p>

<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param>
<param name="movie" value="http://thenewsroom.com/mash/swf/cube.swf?a=v964493&amp;m=209359&amp;v=1"></param>
<param name="base" value="."></param>
<param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://thenewsroom.com/mash/swf/cube.swf?a=v964493&amp;m=209359&amp;v=1" base="." wmode="transparent" name="swfclipv964493" allowscriptaccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" height="551" width="351"></embed><span id="voxAdv964493" style="position: absolute; z-index: 2"></span>

While I'm here, I posted another question in another section about gsitecrawler but it hasn't been answered so i'll ask here in the hopes that someone will know. I think it's gonna be another simple solution, but again, i can't figure it.

Basically, my blog is in my subfolder but when i created a new sitemap after creating the blog, gsitecrawler didn't map the blog also. Should i have two sitemaps; one for the site, the other for the blog?

Thanks to all...
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your page doesn't want to open for me ... But anyway about the GSiteCrawler thing: As I understand it takes the "home" page you give it and follow all the links from there ... So one of your pages should just link to it ...
  • ciarac
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm, that's strange. It opens fine for me. I have a crappy host, probably you caught the site during its many 'down' moments.
I have links already to the blog from the homepage. I figured the same as you, alas, no. Unless I'm doing something wrong.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think it's your host, I think it's our Internet blocker thing here at work ... it does that with stuff it doesn't want to open ... It only warns on some occasions, on other occasions it just makes as if it's loading forever ...

If you look at the bottom of this page you'll see that there is more than one sitemap defined for their site, and it seems like each one is in a subfolder ... But when I did our company's sitemap (with GSiteCrawler) it found my subdirectories automatically ... and the files inside them ...
  • jameson5555
  • Bronze Robot
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site took a long time to load for me, but finally came up. I checked out the source and part of the problem might be that you're missing some of your skeleton tags. The following seem to have dissapeared somehow:

<html>
<head>
</body>
</html>

I'm wondering if your page got chopped up somehow.. maybe it has something to do with the MySQL error I'm seeing at the bottom of the page?

Quote:
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user: 'xrgs_wpx@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/websitec/public_html/blog/wp-content/themes/ajaxbuzz-09/_config-rating.php on line 24
Error connecting to mysql
  • ciarac
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks both for your input.
Righteous: problem re: sitemap is solved. I put links to the blog on all pages, not just a few, now the sitemap maps the blog also, hurrah!

Jameson, it takes a while to load for me also. It's a wordpress blog which I put into a subfolder so I just figured all basics tags would be already in there. I'm still figuring out wordpress so I guess i'm in the toothing page. I did notice the mysql error but chose to ignore it for now. Any idea what it means? well, i mean, i get that there is an error connecting. I just don't know where to go from there.

As for the video jumping to the right of the page, how do I make it just fit neatly into its post on the left hand side of the page?

Thanks again.
  • Bogey
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The MySQL error means that their is no such user (xrgs_wpx) OR the host is incorrect. That is your problem. Your site is not on your computer so the host WOULD NOT BE "localhost". You got to change it to the URL of your Host (I'm sure... or contact your host for more information or someone here would correct me.) I think you understand what I mean. So it would look something like...

Code: [ Select ]
mysql_connect("http://host.com", "xrgs_wpx", "mydatabasepassword") or die(mysql_error());
  • ciarac
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Aah, thanks Bogey, I do get what you mean. I'll need to sort that out.

With the video, how do I get it to stick to the left? I reckon I'll just delete the damn thing, it's annoying me.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey wrote:
...so the host WOULD NOT BE "localhost".

Actually Bogey, on most Apache servers that I've seen the host would be "localhost". The PHP is running on the same system as the database. ;)

The most likely culprit for the error is the username, password, table or database that's been cited.
  • Bogey
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, :) I have never really used real paying servers I mainly test my stuff on my local macine server (WAMP) or on a free host...

Like I said, someone would correct me :D thanks digitalMedia

Anyway, is the problem fixed?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts