A way to generate a background for a linked picture?

• celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay, this question is going to sound pretty illiterate but here goes. I'm working on a gallery of thumbnails, and each of the thumbnails links to the full size picture, in the standard
Code: [ Select ]
<a href="images/image.jpg"></a>
way. So obviously the full-size image loads in the top left part of the browser, with a white background. Is there an easy way to make that background a different color? I know I could use some sort of css or js gallery to show the pictures and control a lot more elements that way, but I don't want to use them for this project (well it's not me that doesn't want them, but anyways I can't use a gallery). Can I add a colored background to the images, without actually adding a whole HTML page for each single full-size picture?

Ideas? :D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

The area around the image when the URL and mime-type point to an image file (jpg, png, gif, etc) is entirely up to the browser.

Would a Javascript-based solution such as lightbox work for you ?
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

oooo that is so pretty!!! I'll definitely use it for SOMETHING. I'm just not sure it would fit with the style of this particular site.....

in truth, they probably won't mind the white backgrounds, if there's no easy way to change them. I'll offer them the lightbox solution, because frankly I think it's lovely, but I don't think they'll go for it.

Thanks anyways, joe!! :D
  • narendras83
  • narendras83

Post 3+ Months Ago

Generate background gradient images for css designs with this PHP script. The Gradient Image Generator lets you quickly create gradient images to use in your css designs.

Common uses include for navigation bars, or for adding a gentle fade on your web page background into the actual background color 3/4 or more down the page.

After creating the gradient image, right click on the image, and "save as" to your computer.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts