WEB DESIGNING - A QUESTION

• Mariams30
  • Mariams30

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, something pretty weird is happening with my website and I cannot find the reason. In some of the pages, where I have included some pics, I can see the pics without any problem, but some people are reporting back to me because they cannot see them. The pages I'm talking about are http://www.cairnsunlimited.com/apartments.htm and http://www.cairnsunlimited.com/capetribulation.htm

Anybody out there who knows why this can be happening? We've tried with a few different computers and everything looks fine, but there are a couple of people who have reported back to us with this problem. Mi email is maria@cairnsunlimited.com

Hope you can help me. Thanks a lot,
Maria
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Everything looks fine here. Im on a Mac running OS X and I checked in Safari, Firefox, Opera, and Mozilla browsers.

My suggestion is to not beat yourself up over the issue. I know from personal experience that almost no site works 100% on every computer giving the thousands of combinations concerning computer type, os, browser, and connection. If only a few people are having a problem chances are the problem lies with them. You won't be able to please everybody. I can't tell you why a simple jpg wont show on their computers but if it works on the various computers you tried and from what I've seen, then, I would say the problem is not with your site.
  • harrysmith
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • harrysmith
  • Loc: Leeds

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello Maria,
Even for me you site works fine. I think your site is not SEO friendly as you are making most use of flash/script rather then HTML which are difficult for crawling by search spiders.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm running it on FireFox 2.0.0.6 and IE7 and they both look right to me ...
  • murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks fine, but in FF at the bottom of the pages, the div looks messed up.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm running the latest version of Firefox and I don't see anything wrong with it. Maybe my firefox is just smart? :D
  • Mariams30
  • Mariams30

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi everybody, thanks a lot for the replies.

Harrysmith, can you please help me with making the site a bit more SEO friendly? I'm completely new to this so I don't understand most of it.

thanks a lot,
Maria
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

No that you brought it back up, I want to mention that your sitemap is messed up at the button. the picture (footer6.png) is over the links at the bottom. Such as birdwatching tours, fishing tours...

In fact, you can highlight any text underneath the images on every page at the bottom. The image is over the text but the image is transparent.

Don't know what could be the cause of images not showing to people. I see images perfectly fine.

Although I have one suggestion to make. Add the right encoding (iso-8859-5). utf-8 does not validate. And with iso-8859-5 you have 243 errors

Try to fix them.

Also, in you CSS I see the following code which calls for images.

Code: [ Select ]
background-image: url(images/orange_2.gif); }

It is writen incorrectly. It should be...

Code: [ Select ]
background-image: url('images/orange_2.gif');

I mean, it works either way, but it is more correct that way
  • farheen nadia
  • Born
  • Born
  • farheen nadia

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi....
how r u?
i had tested your site on different explorers almost all the explorers on different computers but your site looks fine on every computer .
people who had reported you might be having low bandwidth or anything else
so u take care
nothing is happened to your site.
  • freakymitra
  • freakymitra
  • Loc: Mumbai

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

It looks fine with my IE7. The problem is must from there side.

freaky

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts