Web Form Not Working

• Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey, I am trying to get a form to add info to an XML file on my server and then upload a file specified by the user. Frontpage 2003 is supposed to do this all on it's own....but I keep getting errors. Everytime I run the form through, I get a password dialogue asking for the username and password for ":". I don't know what the hell ":" is! I tried putting in my account username and password and it didn't work. I tried my frontpage extension username and password, and I also tried my ftp username and password. Still no luck. What's going on???

you can click the truceco.com link in my sig and then go to retouching and then click submit a photo to see the form. IT ISN'T ALL FINISHED!!! I still have a lot of work to do but I needed to upload to test it.

Anybody have any ideas???
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
You have submitted a form or followed a link to a page that requires a web server and the FrontPage Server Extensions to function properly.

This form or other FrontPage component will work correctly if you publish this web to a web server that has the FrontPage Server Extensions installed.

Have you checked for the front-page extensions required? It <i>looks</i> as though the host doesn't support it.
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

My host does support it and frontpage extentions are enabled. The form somehow uses a page called nortbots.htm but I don't know how this ties into the rest of the process. I made sure that it got uploaded but it still isn't working.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts