Website project proposal

• YaKoB
  • Loc: Wagga, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I need to submit a project proposal for a website i am hopefullly going to do.... I need 2 talk it up! Will be using PHP, MYSQL thru Apache. Basically a site where farmers can look at agricultural products such as silos etc and all info is stored in database about products. Will use cookie encryption, 3 levels of admin access for updating etc. My main points must be that the users are not real "computer genius's" have slow connection speeds, coding will be able to be extended by another party by using coding standards. any1 have a proposal that i could look at so I can get an idea wot to write?

Just gotta be *please keep posts PG13* 2 sell it 2 them.....

Thanks

Jacob
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

You've already done most of the work in your post. It's very easy to write a proposal. Just layout what it is you intend to provide, write up the tech stuff, layout a timetable, and break down the cost.

Most people will simply flip to the back and look at the total cost. Because of that, I wouldn't spend too much time trying to make it a sales tool. IMO
  • YaKoB

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok thanks mate. I have just gone bezerk writing one and its huge LoL!

Yeah I guess price is the biggest thing...
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I would be interested to the opinions of others. This is just my experience. Usually, when we submit a proposal, we have a pretty good idea as to wether, or not, a project is sold. So, I kind of look at a proposal as a statement of work, with a price sticker.

:)

Good luck!!!
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

well I'm not experienced in this, but from your original thread:
Quote:
My main points must be that the users are not real "computer genius's"

There is no point writting a big, long, technical, jargon-filled proposition if they aren't going to understand it.

Key things for most people would be:

Cost
Timescale
Benefits

Note the word benefits instead of "features". People don't buy features, they buy benefits. When you describe the features do it like this:

Database programming. This will allow you to blah blah blah

where the blah's are all the wonderous things the database will do that are beneficial to the client. Also make these benefits seem specific to them - a small amount of personalisation will show that you are really "on their side" and understand them.

As DM said, I would break down the cost for them because this shows that you are being open and honest - and this promotes you as a trustworthy person/organisation.

I know this isn't really a piece of marketing copy, but there is no reason why you shouldn't use marketing techniques to help push the sale - just don't go overboard :wink:
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with the thoughts about keeping it short and sweet. Nobody's going to sit down and look through a lengthy one. I'd say one or two pages max is fine.
  • YaKoB

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks heaps guys!!!

Fingers crossed......

Prepare form many posts in the programming forum if i get it lmao!

Jacob
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

google search for websites prices. part of market resarch...
Some design companies show their rates per hour. guage what's involved and compare with what they have done and charged.

-Find some companies from your country :D

good luck!
  • blakely028
  • Born
  • Born
  • blakely028

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there I was wondering the same thing. I am doing Advanced Higher Computing at school and was wondering on how to create a project proposal for a website I am looking to create. I was thinking of using Java on this website as it's part of my course.

Have you got any websites that have any proposals you could recommend?

Thanks,
Dan
  • hitz08
  • Born
  • Born
  • hitz08

Post 3+ Months Ago

YaKoB mate i think i cud use ur project as a basis for mine as i have no idea how to go abt doin my proposal....btw u do stil hav ur project considering the number of years later this post has been used agan......

if by chance u stil got everything 4rm ur website project proposal den cud u email it to me on m3hul@msn.com

cheers mate

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts