Website Redesign Help

• mysonmark
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mysonmark

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

I am new to webdesign. I designed my own site for my business. I am now wanting to redesign it to make it look a little more polished.

Can anyone please take a look at my website to see maybe some minor changes I can make to make it more visually appealing. Something that would not require me changing my entire website around. I am an accountant so I dont need anything to artsy, however, I would like it to look clean and professional.

All opinions would be very much appreciated.

Here is my website http://www.cdmfinancials.com

Thanks in advance.

Charlene
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• roje0913
  • Student
  • Student
  • roje0913

Post 3+ Months Ago

My first suggestion would be to hire a professional but if you prefer to do it yourself I would say the simplest things to do would be to style the headings, put a few photos to break up the text and customize the bullets
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The top horizontal menu looks out of place... make a background there going from one end to the next and put some more space between the right side-column (The part that starts with "WHY CHOOSE CDM?") and the horizontal menu.

At the Contacts page, I suggest you put the form at the white spot which seems more predominant, and the phone, fax, company name, and company headquarters address in the blue right side-column.

You could also center the horizontal navigational menu at the top of each page.

No where on the site, do I see anything that tells me what CDM means... is it an acronym? Maybe it's not, and maybe it doesn't matter, but it's for curios people like me.
  • tastysite
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Brighouse, West Yorkshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try some role over effects on you navbar at the top.
Also you may want to try not to break up your hyperlinks on the client references page.

Also a little coding thing you may want to put these mega tags in the hear of your site
Code: [ Select ]
<meta name="description" lang="en" content="What you want next to your link in google and what not">
<meta name="keywords" content="key,words,about,you,site">
  1. <meta name="description" lang="en" content="What you want next to your link in google and what not">
  2. <meta name="keywords" content="key,words,about,you,site">
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

tastysite wrote:
Also a little coding thing you may want to put these mega tags in the hear of your site
Code: [ Select ]
<meta name="description" lang="en" content="What you want next to your link in google and what not">
<meta name="keywords" content="key,words,about,you,site">
  1. <meta name="description" lang="en" content="What you want next to your link in google and what not">
  2. <meta name="keywords" content="key,words,about,you,site">

I'm pretty sure Google and other advanced search engines don't use those meta tags anymore. Those stuff or more to the viewers who look at the source code numerous times (Like me when I try to describe a website to someone... I just go to the source and take whatever is in the "description" meta tag).
  • tastysite
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Brighouse, West Yorkshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Mabie but im sure they use the description for what they say about it check ozzu in google

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts