website slideshow header

• cerio
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello.
Can someone tell me, please, how to create a slideshow header for the top of a website?
The images for it are uploaded on Photobucket. I don't want any slideshow controls, text, titles etc and transitions aren't essential.

I do not know javascript or php. I am a novice but I'm sure it must be simple to do but, when I search for instructions, it all seems to be for doing it on various blogs and I want to make one to put at the top of my own wesite,

It has to work in all browsers. One set of instructions I found apparently only worked in IE, which is no use.

I want something that looks rather like the one here (but without the arrow buttons/controls)...
http://www.japanmade.com.au/

Thanks.

Cerio
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

That slideshow that you see on that page is actually the Easy Slider 1.7 jQuery plugin that you can find here:

http://cssglobe.com/post/5780/easy-slid ... ery-slider

There are instructions there on how to set everything up too. You can customize the look as well, and remove buttons if you do not want them.
  • cerio
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've just downloaded that and copied the instructions.

I find myself wondering if there is any question that you cannot provide the answer to. You've helped me in 3 different areas in the pastfew days now. Thank you.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL, I am sure there are plenty of questions that would stump me. I do have a wide range of skills though, happy to help out :)
  • iahnalcantara
  • Born
  • Born
  • iahnalcantara
  • Loc: Montgomery, Alabama

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice job! I like the link too. Though I'm stumbling at first in making a header like that, but i like it. I'll be researching for some hard questions and applications for you to stump. :)
  • Colton3310
  • Born
  • Born
  • Colton3310

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you don't want to add text, titles etc and transitions, you needn't write the code. But there is an easier method to make website slideshow. That is using Kvisoft Web Slideshow Maker.
  • this213
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: ./

Post 3+ Months Ago

why are you just copying what other people post and reposting it? Try to be more constructive - or stop being a bot.

*edit* post was removed - thanks mods
  • ScottG
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ScottG

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL right. This is the second person I've seen doing this. The last person I saw was most my replies that were copied

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts