IE white background

• Spiky
  • Born
  • Born
  • Spiky

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dear folks here!
I have two frames on a page, both have black backgrounds. I want to reload one from the other. The page to be reloaded contains perl written html code.
My probelm is:
If I reload my dynamic page, my IE6 shows a blank white screen until it loads the document, then the background turns to black. I'd like to avoid these white flashes. (No problem in Mozilla, it waits until it gets the page, and stays black.)
Can anyone help me? Is it a problem in my perl code or apache config?
Thanks, Spiky
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

How are you making the backgrounds black? With the background attribute in the body tag, or the bgcolor attribute?
  • Spiky
  • Born
  • Born
  • Spiky

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for the answer. Here is my code:

Code: [ Select ]
use CGI;
$cgi = new CGI;
$|=1;
print $cgi->header;
print"<html><head>
<style>
body { background-color: #000000 }
</style>
<title></title><meta http-equiv='Content-Type' content='text/html; charset=iso-8859-2'></head>
<body bgcolor='#000000' leftmargin='0' topmargin='0' marginwidth='0' marginheight='0'>
</body></html>";
  1. use CGI;
  2. $cgi = new CGI;
  3. $|=1;
  4. print $cgi->header;
  5. print"<html><head>
  6. <style>
  7. body { background-color: #000000 }
  8. </style>
  9. <title></title><meta http-equiv='Content-Type' content='text/html; charset=iso-8859-2'></head>
  10. <body bgcolor='#000000' leftmargin='0' topmargin='0' marginwidth='0' marginheight='0'>
  11. </body></html>";

It's in an iframe now and I think it's clear. Even though if I do a reload on it, there is a white flash of about half seconds. Isn't it an apache issue? I use 2.0.46
Thanks, Spiky
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I do not think its a server issue. I think its the clients browser. Usually it would be a browser issue or the way your coded your HTML. Your HTML in that script seems fine though. I see you have buffering turned off too.

I am really not sure there is anything you are going to be able to do. Have you asked others to see if they experience it too? Is it possible that your computer might be a bit on the slow side which might contribute to this?
  • Spiky
  • Born
  • Born
  • Spiky

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm afraid you're . I cannot do anything with it. My servers is only running my page, so it can't be slow, and I have 384 kbits downwards connection. And I can produce this problem even in localhost. :(
I wonder how this site (ozzu) never have this problem. It is gray while it loads. Is it so much faster?
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

This even happens when you make a fresh page and just put it in the body tag?
  • Spiky
  • Born
  • Born
  • Spiky

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes. It seems to happen every time when IE renders a frame/iframe or reloads it (by browser command or js reload() function).
But it does not happen if I substitute the reload() with the exact path of the page to be reloaded.
Interesting isn't it?
  • soheilsahimi
  • Born
  • Born
  • soheilsahimi

Post 3+ Months Ago

the problem is with high contrast...
go to control pannel
(if you have windows xp, then switch to classic view: this option is on the left hand bar)
then go to "accessibily option"

then go to the "display" tab

and uncheck "use high contrast"

THATS IT!!!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts